FE vs LC

Not true actually. Ive seen FEs from Hino and LCs from Tahara and vice versa
I have only seen Window Stickers for FE from Tahara. Love to see some FE with Window Stickers from Hino. They are both great factories; world class.

Agreed, it's all personal preference. All of the FE are supposedly built in Tahara, the remainder are split between Hino and Tahara, but who knows. Someone on here noted that VIN numbers with R5 are built in Tahara. I've tested that theory and have found it to hold true.
That's actually not true. The FE are being built at both Tahara & Hamura. VINs with R5 are Tahara and VINs with RK are Hamura. The one I had reserved and the one I purchased are FE with RK VINs.
I honestly wouldn't worry which of the two it's put together at. They are both excellent Japanese factories.

Take it from someone who runs a Toyota dealership and has been in the car business for 28 years. Just like the Supra first edition the first edition Land Cruiser will be worth more the day after you buy them then you can buy them at a dealership for.

Take it from someone who runs a Toyota dealership and has been in the car business for 28 years. Just like the Supra first edition the first edition Land Cruiser will be worth more the day after you buy them then you can buy them at a dealership for.
Of courseโ€ฆbut what about 2 or 3-years later? And the market is changing.

I really don't see what makes the FE more valuable beyond the name badge in a few places. They might hold 1-2k extra of value but they're not going to be seen as collectors items or hold crazy value over the other trims. Especially because we have no idea what special Editions Toyota has cooked up for down the line that may be more attractive.

jayp42
Thanking you for sharing your 28 years of in the car business with us.
I was not sure about future resell value but great to hear. Like I said in earlier post I love the look of the Fe.

2-3 years from now you will be able to buy a Land Cruiser trim still. We are only releasing 5000 FEs for the entire country.
I fully understand that there will only be a limited number of FE examples (and only for 2024). I'm simply thinking about the likely resale value of an LC grade in 2-3 years vs. an FE grade in 2-3 years. If you like the FE and feel the extra price is worth it, go for it. Just keep in mind that the market likely won't fully support the extra price in 2-3 years (the price premium for an FE likely won't pay off as far as resale value). But like many other companies, Toyota is maximizing their profits on a new, impressive product. Fair play to them. But the buyer just needs to decide if it's worth it.

jayp42
Thanking you for sharing your 28 years of in the car business with us.
I was not sure about future resell value but great to hear. Like I said in earlier post I love the look of the Fe.
Iโ€™m buying a First Editionโ€ฆ..just saying
I fully understand that there will only be a limited number of FE examples (and only for 2024). I'm simply thinking about the likely resale value of an LC grade in 2-3 years vs. an FE grade in 2-3 years. If you like the FE and feel the extra price is worth it, go for it. Just keep in mind that the market likely won't fully support the extra price in 2-3 years (the price premium for an FE likely won't pay off as far as resale value). But like many other companies, Toyota is maximizing their profits on a new, impressive product. Fair play to them. But the buyer just needs to decide if it's worth it.
you couldnโ€™t be more wrong. Look at the last year of the 200 series Heritage!! What are you basing your assumptions on?

you couldnโ€™t be more wrong. Look at the last year of the 200 series Heritage!! What are you basing your assumptions on?
The Heritage editions are the newest, lowest mileage 200s. Not the oldest highest mileage. It's apples to oranges.

There were also only 1200 heritage editions.

Last edited:
MarcMarc
You maybe right about values in 2-3 years only time will tell. But the future market will not support the ADM and add ons that people are paying to get Lc now.

The 200 Series isn't offered anymore...and the 300 Series isn't offered in the USA. The V8 Land Cruiser is deadโ€”people miss it and want one. You can't compare the market on an end-of-the-line 200 Series to a new 250 Series (which is just being released now)...that's voodoo economics. The Bring a Trailer crowd is driving prices up on "can't get them anymore" vehicles. Fair play. But the FE is a trim package...not a no-longer-offered icon. Sure, the FE will likely be worth more than an LC grade in 3 years....but likely not equal to the premium paid new for the FE. The FE is fine...but I'm quite certain the ownership costs (on honesty) of the LC grade trumps the FE.

The 200 Series isn't offered anymore...and the 300 Series isn't offered in the USA. The V8 Land Cruiser is deadโ€”people miss it and want one. You can't compare the market on an end-of-the-line 200 Series to a new 250 Series (which is just being released now)...that's voodoo economics. The Bring a Trailer crowd is driving prices up on "can't get them anymore" vehicles. Fair play. But the FE is a trim package...not a no-longer-offered icon. Sure, the FE will likely be worth more than an LC grade in 3 years....but likely not equal to the premium paid new for the FE. The FE is fine...but I'm quite certain the ownership costs (on honesty) of the LC grade trumps the FE.
...and honesty.

First editions, whether in coins, lithographs, automobiles, books, etc always have a higher value down the road. The same will be true of the FE LC. Just wait and see.

What is the non-launch edition bringing?

These are the Land Cruiser sales numbers for previous years. There are 5000 first editions.

1000005728.jpg

Latest Discussions

Back