I just installed the new Victory 4x4 platform rack which was just announced recently and started shipping about a week ago.
Product link
The rack uses the factory rails and only increases overall height by the thickness of the brackets, which I think is about 1/8". I had been waffling back and forth on getting their cross rails for the past year. I don't need a full platform for what I intend to put on the roof, and I did not want to increase overall height due to my garage clearance. This seemed like the best option out there.
I did the install by myself which wasn't bad at all. Quality seems decent, no issues with fit. The max hole to hole distance you can get (front to back) is 42" incase you're trying to figure out what you can mount, I wasn't able to get this information from Victory beforehand. I did some highway driving yesterday and did not notice any wind noise at all.
My only gripe, which I anticipated, was the ease of mounting things and changing my roof setup up often. The cross bars only have through holes/slots as opposed to T rail extrusions. I may modify the rack to utilize extrusions in the future but will stick with it as is for now. I have a Roam 83L on the way along with traction board mounts. I travel with two dogs in the backseat so having any available roof space is going to be great (I hope).
Let me know if you have any questions!
Product link
The rack uses the factory rails and only increases overall height by the thickness of the brackets, which I think is about 1/8". I had been waffling back and forth on getting their cross rails for the past year. I don't need a full platform for what I intend to put on the roof, and I did not want to increase overall height due to my garage clearance. This seemed like the best option out there.
I did the install by myself which wasn't bad at all. Quality seems decent, no issues with fit. The max hole to hole distance you can get (front to back) is 42" incase you're trying to figure out what you can mount, I wasn't able to get this information from Victory beforehand. I did some highway driving yesterday and did not notice any wind noise at all.
My only gripe, which I anticipated, was the ease of mounting things and changing my roof setup up often. The cross bars only have through holes/slots as opposed to T rail extrusions. I may modify the rack to utilize extrusions in the future but will stick with it as is for now. I have a Roam 83L on the way along with traction board mounts. I travel with two dogs in the backseat so having any available roof space is going to be great (I hope).
Let me know if you have any questions!








