Toyota of Canada posts MPG

Tallmadge41

๐Ÿ“› Founding Member
Aug 18, 2023
Michigan
Vehicles
XC90
Toyota of Canada posts 27.1 estimated MPG (after conversion to gallons). What is the hold up in the US.....

1705434594320.png

Toyota (Canada) has had that same fuel rating on their website since August.

I'm surprised they haven't taken it down unless that is the final number. I sure hope so!

US EPA figure will probably be 23.1 mpg, after using US govt conversion math. ๐Ÿคฃ

But seriously, 25+ mpg for that brick would be insanely cool. ๐Ÿ˜Ž

US EPA figure will probably be 23.1 mpg, after using US govt conversion math. ๐Ÿคฃ

I'm ok with an under promise over deliver approach. It's better then expecting 20 and getting 15, which some new Tundra and Sequoia owners were complaining about :(

Iโ€™ve been checking out Tundra I force max videos and Truck King ( I think?) did a highway run getting 24mpg. The Tundra comes in around 6,000 lbs. The LC around 4,000 lbs, so Iโ€™m thinking reasonable driving habits will hit the 27 mpgโ€ฆa mid-size 4x4 getting this will cause ripples in the marketplace (if we ever get them).

I bet I can milk 27+mpg outta this wagon! I drive like a 90 yr. Old.
At 82, yep, my driving is very conservative. The big problem is going to be getting one I think. And of course no real control over colors or options. What one sees is what one gets, or not. Take it or leave it. I am in the queue for the LC and GX550, and my day was made by a contact from my Lexus person a few minutes ago telling me I was at the head of the list. and they are expecting them in a month or two. A video has been posted on YouTube of the GX start of production. No so to my knowledge for the LC.

Last edited:
At 82, yep, my driving is very conservative. The big problem is going to be getting one I think. And of course no real control over colors or options. What one sees is what one gets, or not. Take it or leave it. I am in the queue for the LC and GX550, and my day was made by a contact from my Lexus person a few minutes ago telling me I was at the head of the list. and they are expecting them in a month or two. A video has been posted on YouTube of the GX start of production. No so to my knowledge for the LC.
Congrats on your #1 ranking. ๐Ÿ˜‚ Itโ€™s an odd way to be buying a car considering how things used to be. Hope you land in the perfect GX of your dreams.

Toyota (Canada) has had that same fuel rating on their website since August.

I'm surprised they haven't taken it down unless that is the final number. I sure hope so!
It was there, but then disappeared. Guess it's back on now. If it gets anything better than 9.5 (that's worse than 8.7 for you folks south of here ;) ), I'll be happy.

Iโ€™ve been checking out Tundra I force max videos and Truck King ( I think?) did a highway run getting 24mpg. The Tundra comes in around 6,000 lbs. The LC around 4,000 lbs, so Iโ€™m thinking reasonable driving habits will hit the 27 mpgโ€ฆa mid-size 4x4 getting this will cause ripples in the marketplace (if we ever get them).
You're right, he did 24mpg with a very economical driving at 50 mph. On the highway Tundra i-Force Max gets 19-20, obviously less at 80mph.
I am sure the Land Cruiser should be able to do 30mpg, economical driving on country roads once you understand that hybrid system. But on the highway it will get less than 25. Anyhow real life mpg depends much on the driver. On the highway at constant speed you cannot do much and the hybrid system will not help. MPG will vary based on the speed.
The rule of thumb: over 50 mph every 5mpg is adding 10% fuel consumption. It means 85 mph vs 50mph will be around half mpg. I can bet some guys will drive at 80-85mph and then complain about Toyota's figures....
Then, as you know very well with the "right" tires, heavy loads and some roof attachments/lights.... you can get the worst ever mpg on the highway. Even with a hybrid 4 cylinder ๐Ÿค•

The curb weight of the Lexus GX550 (non-hybrid) is right at 5700 lbs. I would expect the LC Hybrid to come in somewhat over that, considering the weight of the battery.

Back