Tire Upgrade ?

It looks like a Tacoma TRD Pro wheel?

Had to run out for something, I’ll provide more photos when I get back.

it’s an OE wheel tire from TRD Sequioa.

No rub with 3mm clearance at full lock.

18x8.5
295/70/18
That's where I have seen that wheel! It looks great!

Wow I guess a 285 tire would fit as I thought even that would have fitment issues. From the pic that 295 tire looks like it will rub at full lock but guess I’m wrong .

Thank you so much for providing info and pics (more please, BTW).
This confirms my decision to go with 285/70/18 to begin with and then try to add a spacer lift.

Had to run out for something, I’ll provide more photos when I get back.

it’s an OE wheel tire from TRD Sequioa.

No rub with 3mm clearance at full lock.

18x8.5
295/70/18
I thought the Sequoia TRD wheel was 18x8? Not 8.5

Last edited:
That will definitely rub and has no room for mud I bet they will need lift

I thought the Sequoia TRD wheel was 18x8? Not 8.5
IMG_3903.JPEG

Can someone confirm if offset for this TRD wheel is +47.5 based on below photo?

IMG_3919.JPEG

Respectfully, I cannot believe that does not rub from lock to lock. I mean I believe you, I would have lost money if we bet on it is what I am saying.
Yep, at full lock, plenty of room at front of wheel. However, pushing it at rear section, but I was able to see thru with no rub. My estimate around 3mm gap.

I would be concerned with rubbing while off Roading in particular during full articulation and flexing and the upper control arms.
Yeah, that tight would only ever work on flat ground. It may be that you can somehow pull the fender liner back and be fine though.

Looking at the Tacoma's I didn't realize they came out with a new TRD 18-inch wheel style, different from the Trailhunter and TRD Pro.

I hadn't seen that new wheel design before, that's a good looking wheel!

Looking at the Tacoma's I didn't realize they came out with a new TRD 18-inch wheel style, different from the Trailhunter and TRD Pro.

View attachment 1841
I like those, and the offset would push it out a bit for a better stance. I've also been seeing the wheels below on '24 Tacos, but can't find a part number for them. They're 18" and 6-bolt pattern, but I'd like to confirm 6x139.7 and what offset is.
Screenshot 2024-05-09 at 10.40.51 AM.png

I like those, and the offset would push it out a bit for a better stance. I've also been seeing the wheels below on '24 Tacos, but can't find a part number for them. They're 18" and 6-bolt pattern, but I'd like to confirm 6x139.7 and what offset is.View attachment 1852
if i'm not mistaken, Toyota is short inventory of the new style...if you build a new 4runner on the site they actually show the older style wheels now...I can't say why because I don't know...but I stumbled upon this when on a 4runner forum yesterday.

Latest Discussions

Back