Scanning/Diagnostics- Tool, for 2006 T LC 100 Series 1HD-FTE

Glenn200

๐Ÿ“› Founding Member
Jun 2, 2024
Perth
Vehicles
2006 100 Series, 2017 200 Series
Good Day Everyone

I have been getting different views from all the Auto Part Centre's. However, thought I would ask the experts. I am in the market to purchase a Scan/Diagnostics Tool, and was wonder if there is one that all prefer, and would it fit other vehicles, for example, Triton, Getz and my 200 Series 2017?

Thank You All So Much.
Glenn200

Good Day Everyone

I have been getting different views from all the Auto Part Centre's. However, thought I would ask the experts. I am in the market to purchase a Scan/Diagnostics Tool, and was wonder if there is one that all prefer, and would it fit other vehicles, for example, Triton, Getz and my 200 Series 2017?

Thank You All So Much.
Glenn200
Thanx for the reply, Just to confirm, it will scan the TLC 1hd-fte?

It will scan OBDII. If a TLC has that type of port, it should work. Scantool has a forum that might be helpful. I assume TLC is Toyota Land Cruiser?

Thanks, yes, 2006 Toyota Landcruiser, 4.2L TDiesel, engin, 1HDFTE.

I would suggest that the OBD port in that vehicle is truly OBDII compliant. There are vehicles that are not. I would just make sure before you spend your money. USA vehicles, are as I understand, are OBDIi compliant. Vehicles in other parts of the world may not be.

Cheers, mate, much appreciated.

I have the Autel Maxisys 906 Pro, It works well on just about every vehicle I've hooked it to. The Toyotas are slow to snyc tho, but once it snycs it does everything I need it to do. I wish I could find a affordable Techstream 2 that didn't require a subscription..

Last edited:
Are there any options you can unlock with obd on the new TLC? On my 5th gen I could unlock the windows roll down function with my keyboard and many other things

The Aultel, if it sees it, it will function it. Locks, windows, individual lights, dash, solenoids, relays etc....... I like it, but slow to snyc on Fords and Toyotas. BMW and Mercedes, Chevy very fast to sync. It also will store trouble codes, has a trouble code most fixed by section..... ie it will tell the most common fix for a code. Put it on a buddies Honda with an air injection code, common fix = "replace gas cap". Replaced the gas cap, erased the codes..... fixed.

It is a bit spendy tho'

Are there any options you can unlock with obd on the new TLC? On my 5th gen I could unlock the windows roll down function with my keyboard and many other things
Carista has a OBD2 scanner that you can do that with. I turned off seat belt chimes and other things.

Concerning the Autel, depending on the model, pretty much can do most things the dealer can do. for example I can reset the oil change/Maintenance light with a few touches on the touch screen (and yes I know the vehicle is able to do that as well for free). If you get the one with the "key" function, it will program new keys to the vehicle. If you get the one with TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitoring System) it will program new TPMS valve stems to the vehicle. It is a very useful tool. Autel pressures you into getting a subscription to maintain updates etc........ waste of money. I've had it for many years now (2017) and when I purchased the 2020 Tacoma I subscribed for the update, wasted my money as it didn't do anything different for the 2020 ie.... windows/locks/lights worked before the update and worked after the update. I may buy a new one with all the features combined but....... they are awfully proud of it.

Back