Performance?

I hope I’m not too disappointed with the JBL since I’m coming from a Lexus with a Mark Levinson.
I have JBL in my Tundra. It blows away the Harman Kardon I had in my BMW and the Bang & Olufsen in my wife's Audi. Fuller sound, better depth and soundstage, and punchier without having to turn it way up. Although the JBL in my wife's old Venza wasn't nearly as good as the one in the Tundra.

Still not "high performance" on a relative scale. From a ski analogy (you're from Denver so can possibly relate), it's like calling a fat ski high performance. But after spending the morning on set of carving or race skis, your fat skis suddenly feel like you're driving an SUV in the afternoon.
That might be an over generalization.

The Cayenne Turbo GT has the same Nurburgring time as the LFA.

Reactions: mkg
If I'll purchase the new Landcruiser this is the first goal. To test it at Nurburgring. I hope to be the fastest Diesel 7 seater ever. Sound system turned off will gain some 0.87 sec.
My point was it's not fair to say that all SUVs are slow.

The LC is not fast (and no one expects it to be) but certainly we can all agree it would be helpful to know how not fast it is before we buy it.

Immediatley no ! I have to quote my daughter.....

I think it is not at all reasonable to have such a concern. This is a LAND CRUISER and the rest of the world gets 201 hp and people are happy with that. Here in US you 326 hp with a huge torque and need to know how slow this SUV is. Really ??

If performance is not a concern for you then maybe avoid viewing or posting in threads titled “Performance”. 🙂
Sorry, I have to quote again. Immediately no !

This is not "performance" for a body-on-frame, solid axle SUV. Call the thread "0-60 and Nurburgring figures" and you won't see me commenting

My point was it's not fair to say that all SUVs are slow.

The LC is not fast (and no one expects it to be) but certainly we can all agree it would be helpful to know how not fast it is before we buy it.
There is something to be said for this. I used to have a GX and am looking for something with more low end torque. I suspect that will be found in one of these new iForce Max Hybrids, but I want to sure before I buy. That's why the basic 0-60 measurement will be of some value to me.

There is something to be said for this. I used to have a GX and am looking for something with more low end torque. I suspect that will be found in one of these new iForce Max Hybrids, but I want to sure before I buy. That's why the basic 0-60 measurement will be of some value to me.
There is a video here showing 6.9sec if I remember correctly. Is it such a big deal if it is 6.9 or 7.5 the official rating ?

There is a video here showing 6.9sec if I remember correctly. Is it such a big deal if it is 6.9 or 7.5 the official rating ?
I know it may not matter to most folks. I have just seen so many different figures in what I read online. Consider that even the 2016 LC was measured as doing 0-60 at 6.8 seconds. The various articles I've read online mentioned a wide range of measurements for the new '24 LC including:
Motor Trend 6.0 (est.)
Car and Driver 6.2 (est.)
Edmunds 6.4 (est.)
CarBuzz 6.5 (est.)
Kenny Kent Toyota 6.7
Supersix also found something listing 6.5, to my recollection.
All of those figures are better than my prior GX. I'm looking for a boxy, mid-size SUV. I could get an older LC for cheaper if the new LC is clocking in at 6.9. But, more relevant for me is whether the '25 4Runner (or the future GX hybrid) clocks in better than whatever the final measurement ends up being for the '24 LC.
Just grinding through data is fun for me. 😃 You're certainly correct in pointing out that a half second difference isn't a big deal. These discussions of SUV metrics are enjoyable for me in much the same way as considering the merits of a player being drafted in the 4th round of the recent NFL Draft. Most people don't care, but it's fun to me. At the end of the day, we're fortunate to be in a position where we even have time to ponder these inconsequential sorts of things!

There is a video posted on this forum. That guy got 6.9sec. You can see it and measure it. If this car is slow I am Pete Sampras.

I am much more concerned about the efficiency performance. I still don't know if the engine may turn off when coasting, going downhill, decelerating and what is the best mpg you can get. Because obviously people looking for an under 6sec big SUV have a much different driving style than mine. Most of them will not get the rated mpg and will complain about that.:sick:

There is a video posted on this forum. That guy got 6.9sec. You can see it and measure it. If this car is slow I am Pete Sampras.

I am much more concerned about the efficiency performance. I still don't know if the engine may turn off when coasting, going downhill, decelerating and what is the best mpg you can get. Because obviously people looking for an under 6sec big SUV have a much different driving style than mine. Most of them will not get the rated mpg and will complain about that.:sick:
Careful, you might draw some fire from someone saying you should buy a Prius if you're concerned about MPG in a big boxy SUV. Just sayin.

Obviously the Prius mpg is much different, But yes, I am concerned about the mpg of this boxy SUV. 1958 is my choice but if this car requires premium fuel or it can not get 25 mpg on the highway.... :unsure:

Obviously the Prius mpg is much different, But yes, I am concerned about the mpg of this boxy SUV. 1958 is my choice but if this car requires premium fuel or it can not get 25 mpg on the highway.... :unsure:
The OP made it pretty clear what this thread is about.

Please stop trolling and go start a new thread to share all the acceptable reasons and concerns one is allowed to have when purchasing a Land Cruiser in 2024.

Perhaps I've missed it, but I don't see where anyone has posted the 0-60 times for the new LC. Has anyone seen this data?
There is a video showing 6.9 sec. Not official rating but probably good enough to understand how fast/slow is this boxy SUV you like. What else would you like to know about 0-60mph performance ?

Back