Just Locked in Land Cruiser Purchase

Jayhawk78

๐Ÿ“› Founding Member
Feb 14, 2024
Kansas
Just got off the phone with the dealership, beyond excited to lock this in after way, way too much time thinking about this purchase.

Land Cruiser trim, Meteor Shower / black interior a few options added, 20 inch rims, moonroof, illuminated door sill. MSRP! Should be here in June!

Well done! I see you are in Kansas. Had you been on the "wait list" for a significant length of time?

Well done! I see you are in Kansas. Had you been on the "wait list" for a significant length of time?
I was on the wait list at two dealers (both MSRP +$300 doc fee) but I am buying this from Legends Toyota, who don't have a wait list (MSRP).

I will say dealing with dealers on a vehicle that is in high demand has been eye opening. My wife's Highlander is getting up in age and when we replace it I'm going straight to Legends and wouldn't even consider doing business with the dealers who wanted a big premium over MSRP (Hendrick)

I was on the wait list at two dealers (both MSRP +$300 doc fee) but I am buying this from Legends Toyota, who don't have a wait list (MSRP).

I will say dealing with dealers on a vehicle that is in high demand has been eye opening. My wife's Highlander is getting up in age and when we replace it I'm going straight to Legends and wouldn't even consider doing business with the dealers who wanted a big premium over MSRP (Hendrick)
I have heard good things about Legends Toyota of KC as well. I believe they are owned by Baxter Toyota out of Omaha.

Re Hendrick, I wouldn't buy any vehicle from Hendrick (new or used). They are arguably the highest priced dealership in the country and absolutely impossible to deal with. Their mark-ups are insane and their sales tactics are very high pressure and poor.
They're too big and their overhead is too high. They need to try and make unrealistic money on their vehicles in order to make a buck. I'm not interested in supporting their racing team and stores all over the country.

Congrats on the purchase. Do you know if they work with out of state buyers?

Must be a good week for some of us, congrats!

I too just locked in a Land Cruiser trim, premium package, black, java leather with no stupid dealer add-ons, but unfortunately 20" wheels(n). Found a dealer in nearby TN who according to the saleswoman, sells tons of 4-runners, so has gotten a decent allocation of LC's. In fact, she was willing and succeeded at making a swap with another heavily allocated dealer for the exact spec I was looking for! Couldn't believe it! And, get this ...AT MSRP! Gave my $1000 deposit and the spec sheet shows that it's on the ship (Sakura Leader) right now, with estimated delivery in the next 4-6 weeks!

I was 1st on a couple of local lists (in AR), but their allocations have been pitiful... maybe 2-3 First Editions in the whole state. I guess they're not moving 4-runners like dealers in TN. With summer travel season and an early fall Moab trip planned, I really wanted to get this thing done!

If anyone really wants some 20" wheels, I'll gladly swap you for your 18's !!

I too just locked in a Land Cruiser trim, premium package, black, java leather with no stupid dealer add-ons, but unfortunately 20" wheels(n). Found a dealer in nearby TN who according to the saleswoman, sells tons of 4-runners, so has gotten a decent allocation of LC's. In fact, she was willing and succeeded at making a swap with another heavily allocated dealer for the exact spec I was looking for! Couldn't believe it! And, get this ...AT MSRP! Gave my $1000 deposit and the spec sheet shows that it's on the ship (Sakura Leader) right now, with estimated delivery in the next 4-6 weeks!

I was 1st on a couple of local lists (in AR), but their allocations have been pitiful... maybe 2-3 First Editions in the whole state. I guess they're not moving 4-runners like dealers in TN. With summer travel season and an early fall Moab trip planned, I really wanted to get this thing done!

That's great. The one I ordered is on the ship right now as well, I'm not sure what ship or exactly how to find that out, but supposed to arrive in the US on the 7th so we may be on the same ship.

My salesperson gave me a spec sheet which showed "pipeline" details:

-Sakura Leader ship is due in Portland on May 12 and then the port will only be throwing on some roof cross bars and door edge guards. Then I assume it will wait on a train to take it to middle part of the country then a truck to the dealership in TN. I plan on asking for an updated print out like this every week or so and keep everyone updated.
Screenshot 2024-05-03 at 8.19.46โ€ฏAM.png

My salesperson gave me a spec sheet which showed "pipeline" details:

-Sakura Leader ship is due in Portland on May 12 and then the port will only be throwing on some roof cross bars and door edge guards. Then I assume it will wait on a train to take it to middle part of the country then a truck to the dealership in TN. I plan on asking for an updated print out like this every week or so and keep everyone updated.
View attachment 1684
You got that from your dealer? I haven't really paid attention to the threads about tracking a vehicle you have ordered because I didn't expect to get one this soon.

Dealer told me I have a 4/22 build date, on the ship 4/25, but arrival in the US 5/7? Maybe I got lucky with a much faster ship...or maybe my dealer read me the wrong arrival date?

Yes, when I asked for a spec sheet, this information was on there... And technically this isn't an order since Toyota doesn't seem to work that way. My salesperson just happened to find one in the pipeline that wasn't spoken for and traded one of her allocations with another dealer for the one with the specs close to what I wanted. (mid-level trim, premium pkg, and Black/java colors).

I think my 1958 is on the Sakura Leader also!
I have learned you can use the various "ship trackers" but their reach ends when the ship is "out of range of the shore-based AIS receivers" These trackers will pick up a live position again as it gets out of the "open sea". Or you can pay and get real-time updates.
My app says ETA for the Sakura Leader is May 6th 2:30pm. Others I have checked put it out to the 11th. My dealer says 7th of May.
We will see when it gets closer to Portland.
Sukura Leader Update.jpg

I'm in TN after sitting in the Portland port for 3 weeks my FE got on a train on April 25th, maybe 2 more weeks?

Latest Discussions

Back