How does the hybrid

DD214

📛 Founding Member
Apr 21, 2024
western mass
Vehicles
2022 Bronco and 2018 JLU Sahara
under what conditions does the hybrid battery charge. I feel like I should know this and I am sure there is a thread, but I searched and did not see anything.

As far as I can tell from watching the visual display, the hybrid battery charges in 4 different scenarios.

1. When the vehicle is coasting with no foot pressure on the gas pedal.

2. When braking.

3. When stopped, with the engine off and accessory power on and the computer determines that the battery needs additional charging. In this case, the engine starts.

4. When driving and the computer decides that the battery needs additional charging.

Corrections/additions anyone?

As far as I can tell from watching the visual display, the hybrid battery charges in 4 different scenarios.

2. When braking.

3. When stopped, with the engine off and accessory power on and the computer determines that the battery needs additional charging. In this case, the engine starts.

4. When driving and the computer decides that the battery needs additional charging.

My question would be, if downhill, and the battery is fully charged, does it "dump" the charging, and require more use of the brakes?

2. When braking.

Thanks

Mine does the same always 3-4 bars. I was reading the manual and it states that the bar gauge (not the boost) is for the 12 volt battery though which wouldn’t be the hybrid battery but rather the normal car battery. That doesn’t seem correct to me.

Back