2ndTsilent

๐Ÿ“› Founding Member
Oct 4, 2023
Utah, United States
Vehicles
1974 FJ40 Land Cruiser, 1967 Chevy El Camino
My Tinder Bio:
I live in Northern Utah / U.S.
I am a Creative Director (graphic design background). I build augmented reality effects/lenses on TikTok, and Snapchat.
I'm married. 2 daughters. 2 dogs (Bernese Mountain Dogs).
I've been in love with Land Cruisers since I was 8-years-old.
โ€ข
My first Toyota wasn't until I got my first job after college in '07. The FJ Cruiser had just come out.
These days I mostly daily a 1974 FJ40 named 'The Belafonte'. I bought it to wheel a little and explore a lot. I got fiddling with it and s#!% got out of hand. Now 8 years later, I've put too much money into it to drive it off-road. Hoping to pick up the 2024 LC to fill the current gap in my off-road resumรฉ.
โ€ข
Occasionally, I volunteer at/with the Land Cruiser Heritage Museum in Salt Lake City, if you have a CruiserFest shirt from the last few years, I probably designed it.
โ€ข
Here's a picture of Jin Won Kim (Chief Designer at Calty Research) driving The Belafonte. He led the team that designed the new 2024 Land Cruiser.

IMG_5877.jpeg

Welcome Aboard! I would love to have the above pristine machine in the rough. Hint: Needs a winch!

Wow ! This is the most impressive presentation !

How do you fit (all six of you!) in The Belafonte ?

Hi all, I am Freddy. Live in Southern California. Bought my first LC in year 2000. Loved it because it was the most stable vehicle I had ever driven. Now my eyes are on 1958, hopefully with a package that gives me head up display and digital back view mirror

Welcome aboard Freddy! The only reservation I would have in regard to the 1958 trim level is the reported high use of hard plastics. As you, anxious to what options are offered.

The only reservation I would have in regard to the 1958 trim level is the reported high use of hard plastics.
There was not much difference in the hard plastics between the 3 editions. At least none that I could tell. The biggest differences will be cloth seats and a slightly smaller Infotainment screen in the 1958 vs Softex seats in the 'Land Cruiser'.
1958 model also appears to ship with slightly smaller tires.

They are all pre-production units so some details are likely not finalized.
I expect the First Edition might come with even larger All-terrain tires, leather interior, upgraded suspension, fancy-pants badges etc...

Hi all, I am Freddy. Live in Southern California. Bought my first LC in year 2000. Loved it because it was the most stable vehicle I had ever driven. Now my eyes are on 1958, hopefully with a package that gives me head up display and digital back view mirror
Welcome to the chat Freddy. You should introduce yourself here too: ๐Ÿ‘‹ Land Cruiser Introductions
You're in luck. I believe all the new LCs will come standard with backup cameras and heads up displays.

Welcome to the forum @2ndTsilent ๐Ÿป Awesome FJ40! Next time I head to Salt Lake to visit family, I'm planning to check out the Land Cruiser Heritage Museum.

Yes, same here. Have been to Salt Lake City several times. However did not know Land Cruiser museum was there.
Next time won't miss it.
Thanks for sharing.
Will the First Edition be always called First Edition, after 5000 are sold? Also, digital back view mirror should be a standard feature in all trims, I have heard it saves lives.

Do you mean the regular rear view parking camera ? Regarding the head-up display most probably you should go for a higher trim.

I don't like the digital rear view mirrors. Just weird having a mini HDTV showing me an HD camera image out the back - too distracting. Plus, I also use my rear view mirror to see in the backseat and cargo area. I guess I'm just getting old. ๐Ÿค”

I was in the US Army. I was in Okinawa for a while. My whole family only buys Toyotas. I visited a Toyota dealership around Naha, the main city of Okinawa. I found an LC Prado there and spent an hour looking at different Toyota models

there. That showroom Prado had hood mirrors on both sides. I was amazed at how solid it looked. I had not heard of this model before. Currently, my mailman's name is Prado. I told him he is going to be famous. Then, by 71 freeway, we have a huge park with lake on Euclid Ave. This park is called Prado Park. I wonder about the roots of Prado and how Japanese used this word for an SUV
I have 3 kids so 1958/250 will be perfect for my family. The only problem is I just can't wait to replace my Highlander Hybrid AWD.

Do you mean the regular rear view parking camera ? Regarding the head-up display most probably you should go for a higher trim.
By heads up display are you talking a display projected onto the windshield? If so, I have no idea if that will even be an option. Toyota's goal with this truck was to go back to utilitarian roots and bring the price point back down. A windshield HUD is kind of a fluffy option.

I don't like the digital rear view mirrors. Just weird having a mini HDTV showing me an HD camera image out the back - too distracting. Plus, I also use my rear view mirror to see in the backseat and cargo area. I guess I'm just getting old. ๐Ÿค”
The First edition, I believe, will have a 360ยบ camera view for off-roading. I did see front and rear mounted cameras.

Looks like Toyota's new digital rear view mirror can be flipped back and forth between the digital rear camera image showing outside the rear of the vehicle, and the actual mirror that sees the back seat/cargo area and out the back window. That's what the interior videos of the new Tacoma are showing. If that's the case, I like what Toyota did in giving us both options. ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Back