Introduction - Ferko

Ferko

๐Ÿ“› Founding Member
Jan 4, 2024
Southern California, USA
Vehicles
Audi Q5, Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Grand Cherokee
I retired about 2 1/2 years ago from a technical field, mainly working with urban buses. Since by profession I am an automotive engineer, cars have been central to my life. So much so that after retiring I joined the Petersen Automotive Museum in Los Angeles as a volunteer. One of my best decisions in my life...Other interests I have is photography, travel, reading, music (I am trying to learn to play classical guitar with very limited musical talent and stubby fingers: but what a joy!) and not to forget about: 3 wonderful granddaughters...
My cars have been mainly Audi (family car) and Jeeps (Jeep Grand Cherokee upcountry 2001 and Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2019.) I like off-roading but no rock climbing...
Since the release of the new Land Cruiser I am ready for a switch. I need an off-roader with better balance between on-road and off-road with great styling what the LC is offering. I haven't seen a vehicle with such an organic design language and so un-Toyota style of late for a long time. It is a super hit but I guess it will be difficult to get by one...

Reactions: MJE
Welcome to the forum Ferko! "difficult to get" may be an understatement, at least at MSRP. My dealer is playing hardball, and I flatly refuse to pay more than sticker. I have expanded my search to the sibling vehicle, the Lexus GX550, and they will not even give me the courtesy of a return e-mail. However, not giving up, and pushing out my search radius. For grins, check out the 2024 GX, as personally I prefer the frontal styling over the LC.

Last edited:
Thanks for the welcome. Clearly it won't be an easy task to get one of the new LC's at MSRP but I have no intention in getting involved in a bidding war. I will wait for the right time. My experience is that not all dealers are the same; so some hope may exist...I also looked at the GX550. Quite an appealing alternative and a notch (or maybe multiple notches) higher refinement and luxury than the LC. Personally, I like more the simplicity of the LC and especially the toggle switchs at the "command center". Not completely excluded alternative.

Welcome aboard @Ferko ๐Ÿป

I'm on the list for both the GX550 and LC. I'm still undecided what vehicle to go with, so it will probably be whatever I can get my hands on first!

If this is the case probably a GX since it will be released earlier and the demand might not be so crazy based on pricing. It looks really nice. I was never a big fan of the Lexus โ€œspindleโ€ but the new interpretation on the GX 550 is on the spot. It hides really well the tall engine hood and it is much gentler to the eye. Good luck!

Back