First mod on your Land Cruiser?

It's a sensor used for limit switches (detects when ferris metal passes over it) that I wire into the drivers door lock wiring harness, which allows me to unlock the driver's door with a quarter. Sensor is hidden and only has a range of about 1/4" so if you don't know where to place the quarter or other metal object nothing happens.....LOL I made it when my wife was pregnant and locked her keys inside the car and It took me an hour to get the spare keys and drive to her work, while she stood in the cold. I also hide a spare key inside the vehicle........ so I'll never be stranded due to lost keys etc......... I have them installed on everything I own. Saved my butt twice so far.
Pretty smart. I never thought about using those like that on a car. Spent lots of time adjusting the targets for those on aircraft when I was in the military.

am I the only one who is going to immediately black vinyl wrap this silver piece of the front facia. It doesn't look like part of the skid plate. I also plan on doing the out of place looking silver pieces on the back too. To me it looks so out of place silver.
2024-toyota-land-cruiser-euro-spec.jpg

am I the only one who is going to immediately black vinyl wrap this silver piece of the front facia. It doesn't look like part of the skid plate. I also plan on doing the out of place looking silver pieces on the back too. To me it looks so out of place silver. View attachment 1553
Some of the colors have that piece in black. You may just be able to buy the piece in black so it'll match the rest of the front lower bumper trim.

Looking to do a lift and tires right away. Seeing as the Tacoma and new 4Runner are now on the same platform as the LC250, does anyone see any reason why the 2024 Tacoma TRD Pro suspension wouldn't be a direct fit for a performance lift kit? Availability is probably the only issue. Not interested in a pre-collar or pucks.

Looking to do a lift and tires right away. Seeing as the Tacoma and new 4Runner are now on the same platform as the LC250, does anyone see any reason why the 2024 Tacoma TRD Pro suspension wouldn't be a direct fit for a performance lift kit? Availability is probably the only issue. Not interested in a pre-collar or pucks.
Same. I'm getting the Land Cruiser trim so 18" wheels and larger tires will be first. I keep looking for suspension updates from Dobinsons and OME. That would keep me from getting 33's up front and push me toward 35's.

Had tints installed today. Xpel XR + 70% on windshield and 30% on both front doors. Also took the time to debadge that eye sore in the back called โ€œiforcemaxโ€.

Considering now on getting rugged tires on and custom made rock rails.

View attachment 2079View attachment 2080View attachment 2081View attachment 2082View attachment 2083
Lookin good! Did you use an eraser wheel on the leftover adhesive? It's one of the first things I'm going to do as well.

I had no intention to remove it but that looks real clean. Now I'm thinking about it.

A/T, 3PMSF tires for sure. BFG KO3 or Falken A/T4W. I usually run BFG, not sure if I need a "C" load range. If I change wheels, either Tundra Pro wheels or some old school silver/ chrome just for fun., like I had on my Scout.
View attachment 1279View attachment 1280
Like most of us, while I wait for my LC to arrive, I've been looking at tire reviews the past couple weeks. My top 3 are KO3's, Toyo Open Country, Falken Wildpeaks. I live in the PNW, so they need to be able to work in all conditions including snow. I liked the new wild peaks, but it looks like they are 10lbs heavier than the new ko3's. Anybody considering that when choosing tires?

Fellow PNW here and I decided to order the Toyo AT3 in a 10 ply - stock size (51lbs). Slightly less than the 55lb KO3 and I think theyโ€™ll be a little better in the rain and snow (I hope).

Fellow PNW here and I decided to order the Toyo AT3 in a 10 ply - stock size (51lbs). Slightly less than the 55lb KO3 and I think theyโ€™ll be a little better in the rain and snow (I hope).
Nice. What size are you going to go with?

Nice. What size are you going to go with?
265/70 r18

I didnโ€™t want to buy a 5th tire for the spare right now and the tire shop offered me a $300 credit for the take off Michelins. Iโ€™ll run through these and then consider a lift and larger tires after the Toyos wear out.

I've got a deposit on a LC trim in meteor shower and planning on the following upgrades or mods when/if possible:

• Tundra/Sequoia TRD Pro wheels
  • 275/70R18 Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac RT
  • 3/4 Front Runner Slimline II or ARB base rack and a couple Roam or Pelican cases (when available)
  • OME MT64 2"-3" lift with OME upper control arms (when available)
  • Slee Offroad Formed Slider Steps (when available)
  • Remove iForce Max badge
  • Replace silver front bumper valance with black valance
  • Xpel Stealth satin

Using the Agile methodology I have identified 3 MVPs for modding this beast.

1. PPF and tint from a pro shop (not the dealer)
2. Installing my te37s from my taco.
3. Sick lift kit

This thing will be my ultimate mall overlander and Costco crawler.

Like most of us, while I wait for my LC to arrive, I've been looking at tire reviews the past couple weeks. My top 3 are KO3's, Toyo Open Country, Falken Wildpeaks. I live in the PNW, so they need to be able to work in all conditions including snow. I liked the new wild peaks, but it looks like they are 10lbs heavier than the new ko3's. Anybody considering that when choosing tires?
I have the KO3s on my Tundra TRD Pro - replacing the OEM Wildpeaks. They are LOUD. Way louder than the wildpeaks, and almost as loud as the KM3s that I had on my Tacoma years ago. Trying to sell them now so I can get another set of wildpeaks.

I have KO2s on my Tacoma and don't notice road noise. Can anyone speak on the difference in noise between the KO2s and KO3s?

Using the Agile methodology I have identified 3 MVPs for modding this beast.
2. Installing my te37s from my taco.
This thing will be my ultimate mall overlander and Costco crawler.

Assuming your TE's are 0et.. Im interested to see how 0et wheels look and function on an LC. (being that they will poke out a fair amount)
Not a ton of readily available wheels in 20-35et size that most tuners seem to be using so far..

Back