First Edition Mudflaps

Esquire

๐Ÿ“› Founding Member
Apr 27, 2024
Omaha, NE
Vehicles
2022 Toyota 4Runner Limited - Black / Redwood; 2016 Porsche 911 - 991.1 Carrera Base - Black / Black
I like the style of the First Edition mudflaps and would like to put them on my incoming Landcruiser Edition.

Does anyone know if this style will/is be available without "First Edition" written on it?

JAOS makes some. I'm sure others will. I know Toyota sells mudflaps as an option but I don't think that they are the same as the first editon / JAOS style.

Seems Toyota has adopted the "you didn't buy the 1st edition, you can't buy the parts to make it one" same thing they did on the Tacoma "Pro" can't buy the "Pro" parts unless you have a "Pro" VIN number.

I like the style of the First Edition mudflaps and would like to put them on my incoming Landcruiser Edition.

Does anyone know if this style will/is be available without "First Edition" written on it?
First Edition front mud flaps do not say "First Edition" they are blank.

First Edition front mud flaps do not say "First Edition" they are blank.
Screenshot 2024-05-24 at 1.26.14โ€ฏPM.png

Talking mudflaps?

What's the point of the 'strapped' mudflap? Never seen anything similar.

Ah, makes sense. Have these been a 'thing' on other vehicles? Can't believe I've never seen it.

As an insurance attorney, we always recommend if you run someone over and they are still alive, back up and run them over again.

This holds the mudflap in place.

Disclaimer: This is not legal advice and not recommended prior to speaking with your own retained and competent legal counsel.

What's the point of the 'strapped' mudflap? Never seen anything similar.
One of the toyota marketing guys said in a video it was for when the mud flaps are all the way folded up, they don't slap back into the tires. Seemed kind of like BS. I don't know why that would cause any issues.

I would think that when reversing in mud and the mud starts to build up, it prevents the flap from moving to far forward and wrapping over the top of the tire. If you didn't notice the flap on the top of the tire, you would soon wear right through the flap when driving forward..

Seen them on snowmobiles just keeps the tire from sucking the mudflap up under extreme conditions. When you see it behind a snowmobile tread it makes more sense visually.

I believe, due its flexibility, it is to prevent the flaps when backing up from getting in contact with the wheels and running over them causing them to be ripped off.

Back