Brake squealing.

Synjar

Active member
Joined
Nov 27, 2025
Messages
198
Media
51
Reaction score
185
Location
Norfolk, VA
Vehicles
2026 Land Cruiser premium, 2017 Subaru Forester Touring, 2010 Toyota Tacoma base 4x4, 1972 MGB, 1963 MGB.
4600 miles and I just heard the first brake squeal while backing out of the garage yesterday.

I will have the dealer investigate.
 
I'm probably going out on a limb, but confused why 2 new back to back threads regarding brake squeal considering all of the current number of active threads regarding this phenomenon? Most come here for information and content that delivers understanding and procedure for rectifying issues with the vehicles we own and operate. Facebook allows a platform where one can beat the dead horse with others with like mindset. Not trying to be a dick, but REALLY?
 
I come here to hear from those who do not provide any information and content that delivers understanding and procedure for rectifying issues with the vehicles we own and operate.
 
Searched - BRAKE SQUEAL

Found -
30 posts / page on search
w/ 20 pages of comments
= +600 comments

Just on term: BRAKE SQUEAL

Using those comments you would have read that there is a TSB in the USA. They inspect your vehicle on one visit, order parts, & you return another visit - often weeks later - to have the campaign completed w/ upgraded parts. Your vehicle I assume is registered in the USA, then it is warranted in the USA, not Canada. If you say you heard it for the first time good chance you won’t qualify for the TSB. Toyota requires a repeatable concern that they can have a dealer witness & repair.

All of that is in the search info too.

IMG_1797.webp


IMG_1798.webp
 
Yeah I understand there is a fix. Thank you.

I appreciate the responses however, what in my original post led anyone to believe I was soliciting input or asking for feedback as to a solution?

My post was a statement, I was passing along information not requesting it.

I reckon my information is not welcomed or interesting enough for this forum???

Furthermore, any new vehicle with only 4600 miles on it will be repaired by the dealer under warranty. No need for any information other than where is the nearest dealership.

Dealership, please fix this issue. Done.
 
Searched - BRAKE SQUEAL

Found -
30 posts / page on search
w/ 20 pages of comments
= +600 comments

Just on term: BRAKE SQUEAL

Using those comments you would have read that there is a TSB in the USA. They inspect your vehicle on one visit, order parts, & you return another visit - often weeks later - to have the campaign completed w/ upgraded parts. Your vehicle I assume is registered in the USA, then it is warranted in the USA, not Canada. If you say you heard it for the first time good chance you won’t qualify for the TSB. Toyota requires a repeatable concern that they can have a dealer witness & repair.

All of that is in the search info too.

View attachment 77228

View attachment 77229
Thank you. Valuable information. I appreciate that.

I have only heard it once so far.
 
4600 miles and I just heard the first brake squeal while backing out of the garage yesterday.

I will have the dealer investigate.
Hi, someone posted earlier that if you buy another set of steel pins, for under $5, this issue goes away. He listed the part number too. These pins? Should have been standard.
 
Interesting.

Thank you.
 
Supporting Vendors View all →
StickerFab
Back
Top Bottom