Apple CarPlay/Android Auto

Trailman

đź“› Founding Member
May 9, 2024
Kansas City
Reading through the owners manual I think I know the answer to this but can anyone who has a Land Cruiser confirm if Apple CarPlay/Android Auto navigation only shows on the center console screen and not in the multi information display area behind the steering wheel? I'm guessing only the Toyota map/navigation information will transfer over to this area and the Head Up Display screen? Would be a pleasant surprise if Apple Maps info transferred over to the head up display but I'm sure this is wishful thinking... Would be awesome if Toyota allowed backward compatibility with the next gen Apple CarPlay...

It’s only on center console screen.
Thank you for confirming. On some of the Lexus models, I know some Apple Maps info will transfer over to the HUD. In March of this year, Apple updated their developer information. Let's hope Toyota/Lexus decide to integrate this as the capability should be there.

Screenshot 2024-05-25 at 11.08.08 AM.png

Last edited:
I was wondering this too. On our Volvo you can have Apple Maps (or Google Maps) in the instrument cluster as well.

I'll have to play with it because I've been using both Carplay and Toyota's built in navigation. I want to say Carplay also puts the turn arrows in the drivers display and HUD. Toyota's definitely does.

Yes, I just tested it and it works with both. It’s nice because I prefer CarPlay.

No rush but when someone has a chance can you post a picture of how this information from Apple Maps looks on the HUD and display behind the steering wheel?

Thanks!

Thank you very much, this is perfect to see how it's integrated. Glad to see the HUD projects color as well. The Lexus description mentions a color HUD but I don't believe the Toyota description states that anywhere that I have seen.

I think it flashes supper fast because it took 3 tries to get a picture of it. 2 of the pictures didn't show.
It shows color for sure, yellow arrows for cross traffic and red stop signs. It's very clear. I didn't really think I'd care but I really like the HUD. Same with the cameras, I use them way more than I thought I would.

Can the map display in the instrument panel? Apple Maps in the car I’m in right now:

Attachments

• IMG_4459.jpeg
    IMG_4459.jpeg
    327.2 KB · Views: 75
I think it flashes supper fast because it took 3 tries to get a picture of it. 2 of the pictures didn't show.
It shows color for sure, yellow arrows for cross traffic and red stop signs. It's very clear. I didn't really think I'd care but I really like the HUD. Same with the cameras, I use them way more than I thought I would.
Which cameras?

Back