Alignment and ADAS calibration after BILSTEIN 5100 install

rtevis

New member
Joined
May 17, 2025
Messages
3
Reaction score
6
Location
Midwest
Vehicles
2024 Land Cruiser
I am entertaining installing Bilstein 5100s on a 2024 1st Edition for better ride and leveling. I would use position 3 (roughly a bit over an inch lift in the front, stock in the rear) on the front shocks.
My question is will I need an alignment and ADAS calibration post 5100 shock installation?
Thanks !
 
I am entertaining installing Bilstein 5100s on a 2024 1st Edition for better ride and leveling. I would use position 3 (roughly a bit over an inch lift in the front, stock in the rear) on the front shocks.
My question is will I need an alignment and ADAS calibration post 5100 shock installation?
Thanks !
There will inevitably be varying opinions on this. I’ve done a few Bilstein builds in prior Yotas, so my advice comes from that experience.

Yes on the alignment. I would do it regardless, but especially if changing height. You don’t need to do one every single time you adjust the circlips on the shocks, but you should after install. Just remember to let the shocks settle a bit before aligning.

For ADAS I can’t speak too much. I didn’t align my most recent 4R’s radar or anything when we went up 1/2” and never had an issue after. I had a Taco Pro so this didn’t affect me, but many people swapped their Taco grilles for Pro grilles, which very much altered the height of their front sensors. Toyota was, for a time at least, deactivating dynamic cruise during service on vehicles that came in swapped. Can Toyota even make that adjustment? Good question.
 
I installed a Dobinson lift and am just under 2" over stock. I had to get UCAs to get the caster into an acceptable range. You probably won't need to do that but you'll definitely want to get an alignment. I didn't get ADAS recalibrated and have had no issues with adaptive cruise/lane assist.
 
I installed a Dobinson lift and am just under 2" over stock. I had to get UCAs to get the caster into an acceptable range. You probably won't need to do that but you'll definitely want to get an alignment. I didn't get ADAS recalibrated and have had no issues with adaptive cruise/lane assist.
Same.
I’m on BP-51s at 2.5” lift.
 
Personally, I would do an alignment with any major suspension work/changes.

I went with a 2.5" Dobinsons lift and didn't have any of the ADAS systems recalibrated. My 360° camera stitching is a little off, but not enough to bother me, and I haven't noticed any issues with stuff like dynamic cruise control, lane change assist, lane tracing, automatic braking, etc. I only got my lift in May, but I've put ~10k miles on it since then.
 
Highly recommend ADAS to get checked after any change - windshield replacement, lift, even when car taps you in parking lot, or you bump into a bollard, etc. Your system may work fine after, but it may not be in tolerance on the extremes required to function correctly.
 
Supporting Vendors View all →
Back
Top Bottom