24 Land Cruiser 3d printed foam bed for rear cargo area?

• Thread starter Deleted member 1003
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1003

Hey does anyone think there will eventually be a perfect fit, possibly 3d printed bed for the back of the 24 Land Cruiser? Because of the seats not laying flat and there being a difference in height between the rear seats and the floor (maybe 2 inches I would guses) It would be nice if someone made some rear bedding that was maybe 3-4” on top of the battery and 1-2 when it came to the hump on the seats. I hope this makes since. If anyone has made a homemade version of this and tried it please let me know. I’m thinking about doing it and sleeping on a mountain pass. If it’s too damn small after all this modification than forget sleeping in it all together haha! Please recommend a site to keep an eye on for a rear cargo area mattress if there are any. Thanks!

Hey does anyone think there will eventually be a perfect fit, possibly 3d printed bed for the back of the 24 Land Cruiser? Because of the seats not laying flat and there being a difference in height between the rear seats and the floor (maybe 2 inches I would guses) It would be nice if someone made some rear bedding that was maybe 3-4” on top of the battery and 1-2 when it came to the hump on the seats. I hope this makes since. If anyone has made a homemade version of this and tried it please let me know. I’m thinking about doing it and sleeping on a mountain pass. If it’s too damn small after all this modification than forget sleeping in it all together haha! Please recommend a site to keep an eye on for a rear cargo area mattress if there are any. Thanks!
You could absolutely go to a fabric store and get different densities of foam, the right store will have it by the roll. They have truckers seat density foam all the way down to soft thin batting stuff. Would be easy to make a cardboard pattern and use an electric carving knife to cut the foam. I was making dog beds for my pooch that were much bigger and much more supportive for a fraction of the cost. Actually made one the size of the rear of my FJ cruiser for when the seats were folded down for my pup.

You could absolutely go to a fabric store and get different densities of foam, the right store will have it by the roll. They have truckers seat density foam all the way down to soft thin batting stuff. Would be easy to make a cardboard pattern and use an electric carving knife to cut the foam. I was making dog beds for my pooch that were much bigger and much more supportive for a fraction of the cost. Actually made one the size of the rear of my FJ cruiser for when the seats were folded down for my pup.
thanks for the suggestions. I will shop around :)

I plan on building a platform out of wood. Just going to make taller supports over the battery than the seats. I'd think the sleeping platform would be too big for 3d printing to be necessary or an advantage

I plan on building a platform out of wood. Just going to make taller supports over the battery than the seats. I'd think the sleeping platform would be too big for 3d printing to be necessary or an advantage
Definitely share your build. Not a bad idea. Just hate to raise it anymore than I need but not looking to live in it. Just possibly sleep in occasionally. Thanks

Back