2024 LCFE meteor Shower Available

Icgreen3

๐Ÿ“› Founding Member
Apr 26, 2024
Boston
Vehicles
2024 LC250FE
Good morning all,

My wife and I had a Land Cruiser Field edition 2024 meteor shower purchased test drive yesterday in Dudley Massachusetts McGee Toyota. After much thought we decided to not purchase this land cruiser. Not because it drove poorly or anything of the sort, we just simply like the old 200. I can, however, with all the confidence in the world recommend McGee Toyota and our sales rep Berson. I am quite sure many of you will be interested in this vehicle. You are in the best of hands with Berson and McGee. Please contact him directly for more information. Berson: +1 (508) 273-8179.

Guess this is a dealer charging ADMs based on contacting them. Should point that out

No they where selling to me at sticker?

Not quite sure what happened with you my price was just under 77!

Good morning all,

My wife and I had a Land Cruiser Field edition 2024 meteor shower purchased test drive yesterday in Dudley Massachusetts McGee Toyota. After much thought we decided to not purchase this land cruiser. Not because it drove poorly or anything of the sort, we just simply like the old 200. I can, however, with all the confidence in the world recommend McGee Toyota and our sales rep Berson. I am quite sure many of you will be interested in this vehicle. You are in the best of hands with Berson and McGee. Please contact him directly for more information. Berson: +1 (508) 273-8179.
If you like the 200 over the 250 what features of the 200 are better than the 250? Or what is lacking in your view on the 250?

I sw this with the Bronco as well. Dealer will sell the vehicle at MSRP to a person that ordered it. If that person backs out, they wil ADM it $5-10K. Also, if you are โ€œout of regionโ€ they will lose mark it up as they know they will get no service revenue from it.

If you like the 200 over the 250 what features of the 200 are better than the 250? Or what is lacking in your view on the 250?
I definitely would not say the 250 will not be a capable machine it will be. I actually think the stance/shift Toyota is making with the hybrid engines will evolve into even more loyalty and reliability. I really liked the way the 250 handled, the ride, and the engine torque. Obviously I did not go off road. I did not like the look of the meteor shower FE with the black rims, sloping roof rack, and the side line sloping up toward the back. It seemed to me at least like an 80/90 Nissan Xterra. Also it just seemed small to me even though if you look at the 200 dimensionally they are similar. The 200 felt like a classic beast of a truck with subtle classic lines to it and with a build quality a step above. I understand the cost difference between the two 200 vs 250 is the reason for that. We both went to the dealer wanting to like this new LC but simply did not. Again I'm sure this will be a classically reliable Toyota and it will have its own following/loyalty it just simply is not for us. In search of another 200!

Reactions: fhb
It's more capable than the FJ80 stock. The FJ80 you didn't come with lockers or swaybar disconnect. I had to lift it 2" just to fit 33" tires on the FJ80 when the 250 comes with 32.5" tires. Not to mention the cameras/crawl/mts. The FJ80 was around 150hp/175lbft and weighed more. My LC250 destroys my FJ80. I love it.

@lcgreen3 based on your first post I contacted the McGee dealership and have arranged to purchase the Meteor Shower LC FE that you test drove. I noticed a bit of what seemed like a quickly repeating engine hesitation or rumbling each time the gas pedal was let up to slow down or coast (at the 30 - 40 mph speed of my test drive). Happened every time I let up on the gas. The service manager is supposed to check it out today as I havenโ€™t taken delivery yet. The salesman mentioned it could be turbo lag. Did you notice anything like this?

Iโ€™m seeing other forum threads today about possible issues with the Land Cruiser and GX550 electronic stability system and TRAC system. People are suggesting that perhaps a software fix is needed and that is the reason new LC and GX550 deliveries are being held up. I wonder if this issue could explain the staccato-like hesitation I felt during the test drive. Thoughts anyone?

Last edited:
An update on my comments above.

The more I drive the LC, the more I think the hesitation/bumpiness that I am feeling is tire related. It feels like a jiggle of the driver's seat. IIRC, this is the feeling you get when the rear wheels are out of alignment. As I'm sure a brand new vehicle's wheels are not out of alignment, I looked further into the tires.

The sticker on the door jamb call for tire inflation to be 36 psi. The actual tire pressure was 40 psi when the vehicle was delivered by the dealer. I reduced the pressure of all tires to 37 and notice an improved ride. There is more dampening of road cracks and holes than when the inflation was 40. The hesitation/jiggling (even on smooth roads) is reduced but not completely gone. I will try a bit more pressure reduction.

An update on my comments above.

The more I drive the LC, the more I think the hesitation/bumpiness that I am feeling is tire related. It feels like a jiggle of the driver's seat. IIRC, this is the feeling you get when the rear wheels are out of alignment. As I'm sure a brand new vehicle's wheels are not out of alignment, I looked further into the tires.

The sticker on the door jamb call for tire inflation to be 36 psi. The actual tire pressure was 40 psi when the vehicle was delivered by the dealer. I reduced the pressure of all tires to 37 and notice an improved ride. There is more dampening of road cracks and holes than when the inflation was 40. The hesitation/jiggling (even on smooth roads) is reduced but not completely gone. I will try a bit more pressure reduction.
Perhaps you could share your experience in the first impressions post so other members can see it as well?

Back