supersix

Administrator
Staff member
📛 Founding Member
Jul 7, 2023
Vehicles
2014 4runner, 2021 Bronco
2024-LandCruiser-Pro-Rack.jpg

All-new Prinsu Pro Roof Rack for the 2024 Landcruiser. Building upon a decade of excellence, this rack is engineered to push the boundaries of adventure. Discover the exceptional features that set it apart:

• All new crossbar that is 44% stronger
  • 6 integrated drop-in points per crossbar
  • No drill installation
  • Corrosion-resistant stainless steel hardware
  • Two-part side rail design increases rigidity
  • Bend on top of Pro Side Rail
  • Recessed bolt-on mounting feet

Does anyone know the side window panel Max load? I understand there isn’t a published number on prinsu site but 2 of those cans weighs about 50lb full….

Is the stock rack on the FE a Prinsu? I know Toyota was using Prinsu for stock 5th Gen 4R on some trims, wondering if they’re doing the same here?

As for Prinsu, looks like they have some good accessories for the rack - hi lift jack mount, rotopax mount, etc..

accessories prinsu Archives

Is the stock rack on the FE a Prinsu? I know Toyota was using Prinsu for stock 5th Gen 4R on some trims, wondering if they’re doing the same here?

As for Prinsu, looks like they have some good accessories for the rack - hi lift jack mount, rotopax mount, etc..

accessories prinsu Archives
If anything, I think it would be an ARB one since they've partnered pretty heavily on the new Tacoma and 6G 4runner (Trailhunter) but I think we'd have already seen something shouting that it was ARB.

Would love to keep this thread alive as people start installing.

I know that there were some nightmares early on with the Prinsu (and other manufacturers) installation on the 200 Series as people were breaking/losing "nut plates" as they removed the OEM rails if I recall correctly. It required dropping the headliner and/or interior trim panels to find said retainer nuts before you could finish the install.

Last edited:
Here's a long thread on Mud about what folks went through in the early days of installing aftermarket racks on the 200 series. I personally didn't have any problems when I installed mine but I had the advantage of other people blazing the trail and figuring out how NOT to do it.

I messaged ARB this week to see when we can expect to see any products from them, but they said it would be much later this year before anything is debuted.

View attachment 841

All-new Prinsu Pro Roof Rack for the 2024 Landcruiser. Building upon a decade of excellence, this rack is engineered to push the boundaries of adventure. Discover the exceptional features that set it apart:

• All new crossbar that is 44% stronger
  • 6 integrated drop-in points per crossbar
  • No drill installation
  • Corrosion-resistant stainless steel hardware
  • Two-part side rail design increases rigidity
  • Bend on top of Pro Side Rail
  • Recessed bolt-on mounting feet
Ordered one of the roof racks for my 1958 and hoping that same dealer can get these shipped at a greatly reduced rate…I mean, ouch! Price of living here.

Attachments

• IMG_5427.png
    IMG_5427.png
    671 KB · Views: 89
I ordered my Prinsu rack yesterday.....with an estimated 5 week lead time I hope to get it sooner, but time will tell. After doing lots of research and realizing the factory installed bars only had a dynamic weight rating of 165 lbs, my 178lb roof top tent (TopOak Galaxy 1.0) was not going to cut it. I thought about getting after market cross bars (thule, yakima, etc.) but even those were going to be $400 plus whatever the new heavy duty racks would be. With the Prinsu I will get the best of both worlds, and hopefully save an inch or two. Will report back with shipping ETA.

Ordered one of the roof racks for my 1958 and hoping that same dealer can get these shipped at a greatly reduced rate…I mean, ouch! Price of living here.
Yeah, I grew up in Anchorage and remember when it was like $3.00 for a 6-pack of pop (Cokes/Sodas for those that live in the south ;)) ......in the 80's. It's crazy that it costs more to ship it than the rack itself costs.

I ordered my Prinsu on 6/19 and they said it should ship on 7/26. I'm not holding my breath. Also, any website saying they can ship it sooner than what Prinsu says is probably full of it. My understanding is that all these other companies are just "pass-throughs" and the rack is drop-shipped direct from Prinsu. For example, this one says it ships in 24 hours but I'd be very shocked if that were true. Why would Prinsu ship racks for a 3rd party faster than for their own, direct customers?

1719953142966.png

By the way, I personally wouldn't spend all that money on Prinsue tie-down hardware. You can find probably much more affordable options elsewhere that are also stainless steel or aluminum and won't rust.

Last edited:
Yeah, I grew up in Anchorage and remember when it was like $3.00 for a 6-pack of pop (Cokes/Sodas for those that live in the south ;)) ......in the 80's. It's crazy that it costs more to ship it than the rack itself costs.

I ordered my Prinsu on 6/19 and they said it should ship on 7/26. I'm not holding my breath. Also, any website saying they can ship it sooner than what Prinsu says is probably full of it. My understanding is that all these other companies are just "pass-throughs" and the rack is drop-shipped direct from Prinsu. For example, this one says it ships in 24 hours but I'd be very shocked if that were true. Why would Prinsu ship racks for a 3rd party faster than for their own, direct customers.

View attachment 3822

By the way, I personally wouldn't spend all that money on Prinsue tie-down hardware. You can find probably much more affordable options elsewhere that are also stainless steel or aluminum and won't rust.
Ordered mine on 6/10 and was told today that they’re packing it up to ship in the next day or so. Should take 7-10 days to arrive. And for the rack I used the local Prinsu rep, G.T.F. where shipping ran me ~$500.
And yeah, I’ll eventually find some eyebolts either locally or on Amazon. I wanted to see how much shipping cost for just-in-case and yeah, not.

Can one mount ski racks etc on the prinsu?
You can mount just about anything to a Prinsu (or any of the other aftermarket racks). I've attached tents, MaxTracks, shovels, kayaks, bikes, lumber, and much more to mine. However, I'm guess you are asking about racks that have a clamp with 2 bolts that you tighten down that you may typically see on OEM cross bars. Yes, you should be able to do that as well. I've used 2 different kinds of kayak racks, one by Thule and another Amazon special and they attach no problem by clamping around the cross bars.

If you use your imagination and get creative, you can find a way to attach almost anything. It'll almost certainly be better than this:

1720011936474.png

Back