Tire Upgrade ?

Does anyone have information on possible tire upgrades with the 20" wheels. That is how my LC is optioned. 20' would not be my first choice, but it is a big hit to buy both tires and wheels to go to 18". I would like to see if I can put a bigger, more aggressive tire on the stock 20"
The Wildpeak A/T4W comes in a 275/60R20 which is a true 33 and could be a good choice.

Iโ€™d def get the standard load version and not the LT.

Does anyone have information on possible tire upgrades with the 20" wheels. That is how my LC is optioned. 20' would not be my first choice, but it is a big hit to buy both tires and wheels to go to 18". I would like to see if I can put a bigger, more aggressive tire on the stock 20"
I would start with looking at 275/60R20s. That's a 33" (fits stock GX) and is a really common 1/2ton size (lots of availability).

hello, does anyone know if a 285/70/18 fits in the tire holder area?
One member here confirmed that 285/65/R18 fits (but sticks down a bit). It would be nice to have a list of what fits there as we try larger tires. For folks who don't want a rear mounted tire that's likely to be a tighter limit than the wheel well. (Although I'd still like to know the largest you can go without rub at full flex with the sway bar disconnected!)

Last edited:
Wheel size would be a tough variable in regards to max tire size.. width and offset will play a huge difference. Sounds like Westcott was in the 30et range for max fitment, where stock is 60.

I like those, and the offset would push it out a bit for a better stance. I've also been seeing the wheels below on '24 Tacos, but can't find a part number for them. They're 18" and 6-bolt pattern, but I'd like to confirm 6x139.7 and what offset is.View attachment 1852
That is the Tacoma Pro wheel. It is something like a 20mm offset. It will likely poke a LOT on a Land Cruiser.

17s + 33s going in today

More footage on my ig: @familycruiser250

Attachments

• IMG_2505.jpeg
    IMG_2505.jpeg
    348.7 KB · Views: 356
New shoes! 275/70r18 +18 offset.

Slight rubbing at full turn on the passenger side. Looks like itโ€™s a removable plastic piece.

Attachments

• IMG_0847.jpeg
    IMG_0847.jpeg
    444.2 KB · Views: 358
  • IMG_0846.jpeg
    IMG_0846.jpeg
    537 KB · Views: 358
  • IMG_0848.jpeg
    IMG_0848.jpeg
    368.2 KB · Views: 371
Last edited:
Probably a question that can be answered quickly but if you change the outer diameter of a tire fro factory size,, is there a way to recalibrate the speedometer or does the vehicle do it automatically? Thanks

I doubt it will do so with out a programmer or reflashing at dealer .speed is the least of issues , it depends on how much larger you go , but everything from speed to shift points of trans

If it's the same as with the tacos, there's no real way to change it in the software. Even at the dealer

Back