Shipping Vessel Tracking Thread

Trailman

📛 Founding Member
May 9, 2024
Kansas City
Thought it might be useful for people to have a thread where we can track our vehicles as they leave port in Japan, at least in the early stages of supply constraints. I've done research on some of the ships Toyota uses to transport vehicles to the US. Once the ship is underway, you can click on route forecast and it will show you the planned route. Feel free to add any other ships you know of which transport Land Cruisers and I'll try to add them.

Century Highway Green (marinetraffic.com)

New Century 1 (marinetraffic.com)

New Century 2 (marinetraffic.com)

Sakura Leader (marinetraffic.com)

Sweet Pea Leader (marinetraffic.com)

Cetus Leader (martimetraffic.com)

Aegean Highway (marinetraffic.com)

Pyxis Leader (marinetraffic.com)

Michigan Highway (marinetraffic.com)

Seven Seas Highway (marinetraffic.com)

Pluto Leader (marinetraffic.com)

Athens Highway (marinetraffic.com)

Durban Highway (marinetraffic.com)

Texas Highway (marinetraffic.com)

Indiana Highway (marinetraffic.com)

Emerald Ace (marinetraffic.com)

Eminent Ace (marinetraffic.com)

Odin Highway (marinetraffic.com)

Asteria Leader (marinetraffic.com)

Plumeria Leader (marine traffic.com)

Last edited:
I forget how to go about tracking a vin to see progress. This forum has blown up and… not so easy to find previous info ! Can someone explain the vin tracking again ?

I forget how to go about tracking a vin to see progress. This forum has blown up and… not so easy to find previous info ! Can someone explain the vin tracking again ?
If you’re wondering about the tracking screen that people post, like below, you have to ask your sales guy at the dealership.
73896512406__3BC1A2B4-6406-4BA5-AE4E-8ACCC8067C7B.jpeg

I was thinking ppl were also tracking thru another system? Maybe not.,..
thanks 🙏

I created this thread for an easy place for people to track their ship once they find out the ship information from their dealer. Some of these ships go on to different ports and eventually head back to Japan and gather another load. Some head straight back to Japan.

My vehicle is scheduled to arrive in LA on 6/23/24. Does anyone know which vessel it's on?

My vehicle is scheduled to arrive in LA on 6/23/24. Does anyone know which vessel it's on?
Do you have confirmation it has left Japan yet? Michigan Highway just arrived at port in Japan so I doubt it is loaded and on its way in the next 24 hours but if it does a quick turnaround, its possible it could make the trip in that time. Usually takes 11-13 days to cross the pacific to the west coast. They go up North of Japan and you can see the lines of ships catching currents. If it has left port, you can click on the larger green triangles which represent ships and see if you can find one that left Japan recently and his headed to Los Angeles.

Last edited:
Wow, you're awesome! I think you're right, it's probably on Michigan Highway schedules to arrive on 6/23. Thank you for the info.

Edit: actually I think it's on Seven Seas Highway since that's docked at the Tahara port.

Last edited:
Wow, you're awesome! I think you're right, it's probably on Michigan Highway schedules to arrive on 6/23. Thank you for the info.

Edit: actually I think it's on Seven Seas Highway since that's docked at the Tahara port.
Just added Seven Seas Highway to the list so you can easily come back to this thread and track it if it ends up being on either of those. Something to note, my LC is on Century Highway Green and after it gets a day or two away from Japan, it may stop updated daily on position. Mine last updated on the 9th but what is interesting is on the link I bookmarked, if you click on Route Forecast on the ship information pop up, it shows a ship that is tracked by satellite farther ahead and roughly where the vessel should be but a little south of the forecast track. I'm pretty sure this is the actual latest position of the ship but it's behind the paywall.

Vehicles manufactured from both plants can ship out of either of the ports around Toyota City so it could be on either of those ships. I would check in with your dealer in a few days and request the info on the exact date it left port and you should be able to nail down which ship it is on.

Pluto Leader is another one to keep an eye on. It's a vessel carrier as well and parked close to the Tahara port.

Last edited:
Looks like Seven Seas Highway is headed to Benicia port by San Francisco on the 25th. I wonder if there is another ship we don't know about?
Screenshot 2024-06-13 at 9.30.32 AM.png

Was there one named Durban Highway ?

A Land Cruiser that I'm close to putting a deposit on is supposed to depart Japan tomorrow, 6/21... I haven't gotten the name of the ship, anyone else got one on this one maybe?

A Land Cruiser that I'm close to putting a deposit on is supposed to depart Japan tomorrow, 6/21... I haven't gotten the name of the ship, anyone else got one on this one maybe?
No, but.. check the list Trailman provided in this thread - if I was only looking at this list (not knowing for sure all vessels are listed) I’d check on perhaps Indiana Highway or New Century 2 - tomorrow

I would keep your eye on Indiana Highway. It looks like it’s at port in Japan now. Wouldn’t be surprised if that’s your ship.

Once it leaves port after it has been at sea for a day or two, it will lose contact with AIS (radio contact) for its actual location. If you click on the route forecast for the ship, you should see another green arrow close to the planned route that will say cargo ship but not give you any additional information unless you subscribe. That should be the current location of the ship even though it won’t tell you the name. It's tracked by satellite.

Last edited:
Back