Quality Control Delays!!

I’ve got deposits at two different dealerships, in two different states for Heritage Blue, Land Cruiser trim level, premium package with 20” wheels.

Got a call from both dealerships stating my VIN was “randomly” selected for quality control.

Coincidence? I will not be playing the lottery today…

73766178294__42B73D17-7669-4D9C-8EDF-D1C634D9F984.jpeg

From my salesman today

Attachments

• IMG_20240522_130117.jpg
    IMG_20240522_130117.jpg
    399.5 KB · Views: 309
No. It says to check back every friday to see if the delay is lifted.

Last edited:
The estimated availability window of my 1958 is getting pushed back every few days (it started at 5/4-5/14). Now it reads: "Vehicle is in build phase. Estimated availability 05/28/24 - 05/31/24."

I wonder if the fact that it continues to have a window with dates should be taken positively (and yes, I should just accept that most of us are in the dark and don't really know anything and worrying about it isn't going to get me my truck any faster...)

So it seems 3 or 4 units have arrived today at various locations and been delivered. Could one assume the QC stop is fixed and they are starting to roll out again or wishful thinking.

Last edited:
From what I’ve seen around souther California, the 1958s all have delivery dates and my dealer said he even had one to sell. The LC and FE seem to have been impacted by the QC. Checking with my dealer now on any updates, will report back:

73809429601__D6114D99-9C9D-4671-A1EA-11C00C89041E.jpeg
73809426719__E310C2DD-7827-4011-AB8C-B2858040B5A2.jpeg
73809425510__59E6AC97-CA04-4014-A0C6-DE8C38794EF6.jpeg

Dealer just texted asking if I’d rather take this Heritage Blue FE, over my LC trim in the same color since mine’s on hold. I said sure, if he’d match the price 😜

I want the square lights so bad and will continue to wait…but the pics are a great representation of the true blue. Man, I can’t wait!!!

My LC LC that was previously on hold is now missing from the website completely. No idea what that means.

Check your garage! Maybe they delivered it?!
My original delivery window was tomorrow, but I'm not holding my breath that it's delivered. Haven't heard from salesman.

Were you ever told that yours had been put on QC? Just curious if we are getting passed that or if only non-QC’d cars are becoming available
I was never notified of a delay and LC arrived 1-2 weeks earlier than expected.

Last edited:
Congratulations! Great color.
Decided to pass on this 1958. The color didn’t work for me. Looks completely different in person and I found it unflattering. Going to hold out for Ice Cap.

From a member on the LC FB page:

From my salesman today:

Just touching base, found out what the hold up is. Fixing/checking for a sunroof issue. It might turn into a recall, but yours will be assessed and fixed at the port.

From a member on the LC FB page:

From my salesman today:

Just touching base, found out what the hold up is. Fixing/checking for a sunroof issue. It might turn into a recall, but yours will be assessed and fixed at the port.
We were potentially jinxed when talking about amazing sunroof quality 🙄

I don't even know what to believe, because what about the GXs and LCs on the road now? no recall?

This would tie out with the fact that I’ve seen and heard from my sales guy that 1958s are still being sold and don’t have a QC hold.

Back