Price on the 2024 Toyota Land Cruiser

supersix

Administrator
Staff member
๐Ÿ“› Founding Member
Jul 7, 2023
Vehicles
2014 4runner, 2021 Bronco
What are your predictions for the pricing of the new Land Cruiser? I'm keen to see where Toyota will position this vehicle within their existing SUV range.

In between the 4runner and Sequoia? My other wild guess, the redesigned(2025?) 4Runner will be morphed into a competitor for the Wrangler and Bronco, i.e. with a removable top, etc. Or possibly a resurrection of the FJ Cruiser, as an EV version has been floated at a possible future vehicles show.

In between the 4runner and Sequoia? My other wild guess, the redesigned(2025?) 4Runner will be morphed into a competitor for the Wrangler and Bronco, i.e. with a removable top, etc. Or possibly a resurrection of the FJ Cruiser, as an EV version has been floated at a possible future vehicles show.
I'm always down for Toyota to release new models. I don't think they've had anything really exciting since the FJ Cruiser :(

• Admin
I'm going to guess the new Land Cruiser will be between $55,000 - $70,000. Slightly more then the 4runner and less then the Sequoia.

Our dealer, with whom we did have a good relationship, purchasing several Toyotas from them, promised me head-of-the-line some months back. However, it all went sour when I inquired about the First Edition and was told it would be "$10K over sticker". Heck, I will just get a Lexus GX 550 hybrid when available if that is the case.

Another way deals will go south is when the Toyota dealer lowballs those trade-ins so they can make up their lost ADM if they don't add it upfront.

It's a PDF file on the website of Toyota UK with all the models available today. The price is for the Landcruiser 150. There is a picture, there are details about the engine.
LC250 will replace this model.
1695533518785.jpeg

Ok. Stand corrected but basically no relevance to the 250. We never had the 150 in the US and prices for the 250 are not out yet. Your post made me think you had pricing info on the new model.

Ok. Stand corrected but basically no relevance to the 250. We never had the 150 in the US and prices for the 250 are not out yet. Your post made me think you had pricing info on the new model.
For the US, I think you can compare it to the Grand Highlander Hybrid Max. Prices will probably be very close option for option. It starts at 54k.

Edit: correction

Last edited:
For the US, I think you can compare it to the Grand Highlander I-Force Max. Prices will probably be very close option for option. It starts at 54
Good point. Are there any reasons for the LC 250 to be cheaper ?
Regarding the mpg I just posted on the "proven drive train" thread. There are two hybrid versions of Grand Highlander :rolleyes: . Big difference on price&efficiency. But also on power&torque&towing.

Good point. Are there any reasons for the LC 250 to be cheaper ?
Regarding the mpg I just posted on the "proven drive train" thread. There are two hybrid versions of Grand Highlander :rolleyes: . Big difference on price&efficiency. But also on power&torque&towing.
So we wonโ€™t know for sure on LC efficiency as the hybrid drivetrain itself is different even though it has the same engine. But I would think thereโ€™s a good chance itโ€™s the same.

As for cheaper, I imagine highly unlikely. The landcruiser is already gonna steal some sales from the GH. Not many since itโ€™s a different audience generally but there will be some that go to the LC. (On another note I wouldnโ€™t be too shocked if the new 4Runner holds off another year as to create more demand for the new LC but ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™‚๏ธ) hopefully they donโ€™t make it more expensive and have enough options to not jack up the price with lumped together pricing packages. But weโ€™ll just have to wait and see. I donโ€™t have any more of an idea than anyone else. I see the same articles and YouTube videos as everyone else so ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™‚๏ธ

I agree. Regarding the hybrid systems I noticed two differences. GH Hybrid MAX has 362 HP combined vs 326 on LC. Hybrid battery capacity 288V 5AH (Toyota website) meaning 1.44 kWh vs 1.87 kWh on the LC 250.

I agree. Regarding the hybrid systems I noticed two differences. GH Hybrid MAX has 362 HP combined vs 326 on LC. Hybrid battery capacity 288V 5AH (Toyota website) meaning 1.44 kWh vs 1.87 kWh on the LC 250.
Good point, I hadnโ€™t looked that closely. Only knew the GHโ€™s engine is mounted horizontally vs longitudinally, and the rear wheels are only powered by an electric motor. Hopefully the added capacity helps and it may have less hp but it has more tq. Also GH has a 6 spd auto vs the LCโ€™s 8 spd. So ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™‚๏ธโ€ฆ. Could be more could be less. Looks like C&D tested the GH iforce max and got 24 mpg going 75 mph in their test.

Also looks like Iโ€™ll be wrong on the pricing, not sure what I was looking at before but options are pretty limited on the GH builder I know I built something up just over 60k, maybe it was the platinum. Anyhow I also didnโ€™t realize the HMax options already came with leather so ๐Ÿ™ˆ maybe not an options for options comparison. Seems the GH is slotted just under the LC in terms of price. Ima blame being dumb on switching my shift Over the past couple days lol ๐Ÿ˜†

But the difference between the standard hybrid xle and the std hybrid limited is about $5600. The Max powertrain adds another 3k to that with the GH. So depending on initial pricing and how they package the LC โ€œtrimโ€ weโ€™re maybe looking at 60k or so. Itโ€™s really a crap shoot on guessing. LC comes with a lot of different things than the GH, like softex vs leather (even though itโ€™s optional)

Last edited:
Good point, I hadnโ€™t looked that closely. Only knew the GHโ€™s engine is mounted horizontally vs longitudinally, and the rear wheels are only powered by an electric motor. Hopefully the added capacity helps and it may have less hp but it has more tq. Also GH has a 6 spd auto vs the LCโ€™s 8 spd. So ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™‚๏ธโ€ฆ. Could be more could be less. Looks like C&D tested the GH iforce max and got 24 mpg going 75 mph in their test.
As far as I know the rear wheels are powered by an electric motor ON DEMAND just for the GH hybrid 2.5 non-turbo.
The GH hybrid MAX 2.4 turbo has a mechanical full time all wheel drive.
It is not easy to understand Toyota technologies. GH is probably the only car with two different hybrid systems. Because both are "full hybrid" not Mild hybrid or Plug-in hybrid.

As far as I know the rear wheels are powered by an electric motor ON DEMAND just for the GH hybrid 2.5 non-turbo.
The GH hybrid MAX 2.4 turbo has a mechanical full time all wheel drive.
It is not easy to understand Toyota technologies. GH is probably the only car with two different hybrid systems. Because both are "full hybrid" not Mild hybrid or Plug-in hybrid.

No the GH max is different than the LC and Tacoma.

For the non turbo, Iโ€™m not sure as I havenโ€™t looked into it but the hybrid max is 100% rear motors and a horizontally mounted engine with a 6 spd transmission

Edit: ok I see my mistake, Iโ€™ve been calling the GH Max an iForce when itโ€™s not

Last edited:
It looks like i-Force Max Hybrid is a mechanical AWD and GH Hybrid and Hybrid MAX have an electric motor on the rear axle as you said. This is on the website:
GH Hybrid AWD: "Electronic On-Demand AWD system"
GH Hybrid MAX AWD: "Full-Time Electronic All-Wheel Drive" This one is 54k Limited and 58K Platinum.

Most probably LC250 will start at 50-55K and go up to 60-65K.

Back