Performance?

Sorry my bad. Please accept my apologies. 6.9 sec was misleading. You can see it at min 10.40. I am not sure what settings he used but he got 7.91 sec.

There is a video showing 6.9 sec. Not official rating but probably good enough to understand how fast/slow is this boxy SUV you like. What else would you like to know about 0-60mph performance ?
If that's accurate, then that's not bad IMO.

Sorry my bad. Please accept my apologies. 6.9 sec was misleading. You can see it at min 10.40. I am not sure what settings he used but he got 7.91 sec.

Lol....that guy is doing a 0-60 test where the road is going uphill...

The 0-60 figure in this thread is most probably irrelevant, because just as soon as a factual time can be established...... someone will complain about it as well.

This video is not a big deal but..... look at min 2.07 to see how they measure the 0-60 performance of the Land Cruiser. :cool:
Sound is crazy, turn it off.

8.3?? Ugh

436255059_8205494096146579_2542609847804148848_n.jpg

8.3?? Ugh

View attachment 2167
I'm more concerned about the turbo lag comment. I had car that did that and it was annoying to step on it (passing someone etc) and nothing happens, then all the sudden it jumps. Wonder if people who have taken delivery experienced the same.

I agree. I don't need this to be crazy fast, but I would like to see it at least be responsive. Their description doesn't sound particular inspiring.

I wonder if these tests were done in Sport Mode, and how much this impacts performance.

If there are any current owners here...
  • Do you notice a big difference between the 3 modes?
  • Does the car remember which mode you were in, or does it reset to normal each time the car is started?

Screenshot 2024-05-19 at 8.56.25โ€ฏAM.png

I know that a pedal commander will erase any factory delay between the pedal and the throttle body, will be one of my 1st mods.

I saw the edmunds article mentioned on another forum. It doesn't seem to match up to owner experiences being reported. Interested to see on my test drive whenever that happens.

It's worth noting that it's been pointed out that the only way to disable auto-stop/start is to put the LC in "Tow/Haul" mode. Speculation the edmunds article may have left the auto stop start on which explains the big performance gap. The engines and weight are pretty similar between the two so I don't know why else there would be such a large difference.

I saw the edmunds article mentioned on another forum. It doesn't seem to match up to owner experiences being reported. Interested to see on my test drive whenever that happens.

It's worth noting that it's been pointed out that the only way to disable auto-stop/start is to put the LC in "Tow/Haul" mode. Speculation the edmunds article may have left the auto stop start on which explains the big performance gap. The engines and weight are pretty similar between the two so I don't know why else there would be such a large difference.
Look forward to your update after you get to drive it.

They do have different transmissions however. That could explain part of it.

Auto-start stop is a about regular ICE cars. The hybrid ones are supposed to turn off the engine when you stop and also when you drive. Anyhow on some cars there is a SPORT mode which keeps the engine running for the sportsmen of the road.

The suspension feels great stockโ€ฆ Very smooth ride. However, as soon as I can find a 3 inch lift Iโ€™m going to change all that๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ
Have you driven one yet? I received mine today. I think it has adequate power, but I'm prob just gonna level on 33's. I don't know how much torque your gonna get the bigger you go.

Have you driven one yet? I received mine today. I think it has adequate power, but I'm prob just gonna level on 33's. I don't know how much torque your gonna get the bigger you go.
Yeee ! Congratulations ! Please let us know the real life mpg. Did you notice the engine turning off when you drive (decleeration, going downhill, coasting, crawling in the parking lot.....)?

Yeee ! Congratulations ! Please let us know the real life mpg. Did you notice the engine turning off when you drive (decleeration, going downhill, coasting, crawling in the parking lot.....)?
It's hardly noticeable, but I did feel it. It's definitely different than a durango hybrid shutdown (which i had as a rental car last week). I'm gonna see if it goes away in tow / haul mode as mentioned above.

Latest Discussions

Back