Ynppro

๐Ÿ“› Founding Member
May 9, 2024
Carlsbad
Vehicles
2001 LandCruiser
Looking forward to learning about the new Landcruiser. I have owned 2 Landcruisers. A new 1991 and my current one that I bought used a 2001 which now has 235000 miles on it. I also bought a new 2008 4 Runner which now has135000 miles. I have used my trucks for many off road adventures in Death Valley, Anza Borrego desert etc. The 4 Runner clearance was not adequate so I put large tires on it. Both vehicles can handle most terrain even deep soft sand. But you all not that.

Welcome Ynppro! Ah Ha, the Death Valley area! Did you visit Devils Hole, where the rare pupfish reside? How about Ash Meadows, the abandoned location of a fly-in high-end brothel? The wife and I had our first date to Scotty's Castle in 1963.

Yes we have been to those places also to Chloride Cliffs, the Racetrack, Skidoo, East side road, Darwin Falls, Warm Springs Canyon Road that goes to Butte Valley etc. Nice memory of your first gate!

Yes we have been to those places also to Chloride Cliffs, the Racetrack, Skidoo, East side road, Darwin Falls, Warm Springs Canyon Road that goes to Butte Valley etc. Nice memory of your first gate!
Chloride Cliff, yes, in 1970. If we finally get our LC, would like to follow the old T&T railroad grade from Baker to Ludlow. The Zzyzx exit.
1970_01 Truck Body at Chloride Cliff.jpg

Attachments

• 1970_01 Chloride Cliff_Old Cabin.jpg
    1970_01 Chloride Cliff_Old Cabin.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 1970_01 Chloride Cliff_Auto Remains_Cabin.jpg
    1970_01 Chloride Cliff_Auto Remains_Cabin.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
We have taken Zzyzx South to the Cal State Fullerton Desert Sudy Center but no further. I think they control the road. Hope you get the LC. One very good off road vehicle.

Back