New Member, just picked up a 1958 in Meteor Shower with skid plates.

Tylander

📛 Founding Member
May 22, 2024
Fort Collins, CO
Vehicles
2024 Land Cruiser 1958, 2022 Expedition Stealth Performance
Dealer called me today with someone that walked from their allocation, ran to the lot and took her for a test drive and the rest was history, paid MSRP in Denver Metro (for anyone curious). Pretty pumped on the 1958 and love the simplistic, barebones interior. Meteor shower is "gorgeous" according to my wife (and me). Feel like I can just bash this thing and not afraid to get her dirty, which I plan. Build quality is solid, and its quieter than I expected, even at high speeds. I was anticipating an anemic sound system (since the higher trims get the JBL), but it's not bad. Not great, but better than I expected and audio sounded fine at high speeds. Power train is waaaaay better than I imagined from the videos and the reviews I've seen, the hybrid really is incredible, I don't feel like I'm driving a 4 banger. For those that say it struggles at high speed is crazy, I was easily going from 60-85 MPH effortlessly on the freeway home. Coming from a 5th gen 4Runner, it's not even a comparison. I don't have a lot of plans other than a tire upgrade in the near future. This is a rad vehicle and for those in the market, do it. Future pics & Tire upgrade to come. Cheers.

Congrats! Since you're coming from a 4Runner, I'm curious to hear your opinion on how it drives on road compared to the 4Runner. I've long admired the 4Runner, and looked at it closely a couple of years ago but ended up passing on it because I couldn't over how "trucky" it drove. Don't misunderstand - I get that the 4Runner IS a truck, and the LC is too, but the 4Runner disappointed me in how primitive it felt and drove.

I have a deposit on an LC and am hoping that it has many of the things I like about the 4Runner, but in a more modern, better driving package. Thanks,

Dealer called me today with someone that walked from their allocation, ran to the lot and took her for a test drive and the rest was history, paid MSRP in Denver Metro (for anyone curious). Pretty pumped on the 1958 and love the simplistic, barebones interior. Meteor shower is "gorgeous" according to my wife (and me). Feel like I can just bash this thing and not afraid to get her dirty, which I plan. Build quality is solid, and its quieter than I expected, even at high speeds. I was anticipating an anemic sound system (since the higher trims get the JBL), but it's not bad. Not great, but better than I expected and audio sounded fine at high speeds. Power train is waaaaay better than I imagined from the videos and the reviews I've seen, the hybrid really is incredible, I don't feel like I'm driving a 4 banger. For those that say it struggles at high speed is crazy, I was easily going from 60-85 MPH effortlessly on the freeway home. Coming from a 5th gen 4Runner, it's not even a comparison. I don't have a lot of plans other than a tire upgrade in the near future. This is a rad vehicle and for those in the market, do it. Future pics & Tire upgrade to come. Cheers.
Congrats and welcome to the forum! We look forward to your reports, experiences, pics, mods, etc.! We're all learning from those that have been lucky to take delivery as many of us are in the waiting game!

Congrats @Tylander 🍻 Post up some photos when you get a chance! How's the visibility compared to the 5th gen 4runner?

Congrats! Since you're coming from a 4Runner, I'm curious to hear your opinion on how it drives on road compared to the 4Runner. I've long admired the 4Runner, and looked at it closely a couple of years ago but ended up passing on it because I couldn't over how "trucky" it drove. Don't misunderstand - I get that the 4Runner IS a truck, and the LC is too, but the 4Runner disappointed me in how primitive it felt and drove.

I have a deposit on an LC and am hoping that it has many of the things I like about the 4Runner, but in a more modern, better driving package. Thanks,
I would say compared to a 5th Gen 4Runner (2014 Trail w/KDSS), the LC is much more refined, quicker power train, feels more nimble, better ride comfort and tech. However, it is still a heavy body on fame SUV so keep that in mind.

Happened :)

Attachments

• IMG_1847.jpeg
    IMG_1847.jpeg
    345.4 KB · Views: 303
  • IMG_1844.jpeg
    IMG_1844.jpeg
    406.2 KB · Views: 311
  • IMG_1845.jpeg
    IMG_1845.jpeg
    360.3 KB · Views: 302
That color is growing on me! Congrats!

I was set on getting a 1958, but didnt want white (had a white 5th gen 4Runner) nor Black (nightmare to keep clean, but black looks solid on the 1958 LC, my second choice). Patiently waited for a Meteor Shower to come available and jumped on it. Initial impressions were way better in person compared to pics and youtubes. It’s got a lot of metallic flake that really glistens in direct sun but not annoyingly so. Much more subtle in the shade and enhances the body lines and appearance. Overall i wasn't initially pumped on having a silver vehicle (it does have some Champagne hughes if that turns you off, i had concerns), but now I can confidently say it’s a stunning paint color and looks amazing on the Land Cruiser. Maybe im biased but I think its the best color and glad they offered it in the 1958 trim.

I think you're the first LC I've seen with those steps. Are they Toyota steps or aftermarket?

I have a 1958 in transit in Meteor Shower as well. Originally Meteor Shower was near the bottom of my list as I generally don't like silver cars, but I think it works great on the Land Cruiser and is my second favorite color after Heritage Blue.

Back