My dealer has one OTW for $68K

PDundon

📛 Founding Member
Aug 15, 2023
Carmel Valley, California 93924
Vehicles
2014 FJ Cruiser for now
Well, my dealer in Modesto says she has one coming BUT they had it built with a bunch of pricy options that bring it up to $68 K. This must be something dealers do to increase profits, this one has a lift kit and larger tires- have a look:

Toyota

Well, my dealer in Modesto says she has one coming BUT they had it built with a bunch of pricy options that bring it up to $68 K. This must be something dealers do to increase profits, this one has a lift kit and larger tires- have a look:

Toyota
It wasn't built that way. The dealer had this added. Run as fast as you can

Toyota
So, what did the dealer add for $8000. Tires and a lift is maybe $2500?

OK, you say run away, but how to find a base grade w/o a roof rack or lift kit? These dealers seem to want to add options to increase profits.

Well I called about 25-30 dealers around me in a 3 or 4 state area and finally found two that would do a deal for MSRP with $500 down and "contract" written up showing the out the door price. If they are a good dealer they will honor the price.
Mine is a 1958 with zero options. Sticker price with destination $57,345
Not sure I will ever get it as its sitting in the Portland port, doing... something...

Toyota
What is exactly is the $8k for?? It just lists it as "Dealer Adjustment". Any lift kits for the LC250 are still prototypes as far as i know from what Westcot Design & 626Customs (King Suspension) have put out. Find out what exactly is included with that $8k.

Well I called about 25-30 dealers around me in a 3 or 4 state area and finally found two that would do a deal for MSRP with $500 down and "contract" written up showing the out the door price. If they are a good dealer they will honor the price.
Mine is a 1958 with zero options. Sticker price with destination $57,345
My 1958 was about the same, I negotiated the $3k in add-ons to get me AT tires, All Weather Floor/cargo Mats, door edge (i couldn't shake them on this since they already had it on), ceramic paint protection.

OK, you say run away, but how to find a base grade w/o a roof rack or lift kit? These dealers seem to want to add options to increase profits.
To find a dealer I simply looked online and started with the one that had the most LC’s listed in inventory (9). Virtually none were on the lot and most had a sale pending, but I figured that dealer likely has a more healthy number of allocations compared to a dealer with say 2 or 3 LC’s listed in their online inventory.

I placed an order last week on a 1958 and was notified yesterday it’ll arrive late next month. I’m paying MSRP with a couple of minor add on’s (door guards & wheel locks).

I think you can find a fair deal, but I’d be looking at dealers that have a decent supply versus ones that seem intent in adding a bunch of shaky add-in’s to the few vehicles they get allocated.

What is exactly is the $8k for?? It just lists it as "Dealer Adjustment". Any lift kits for the LC250 are still prototypes as far as i know from what Westcot Design & 626Customs (King Suspension) have put out. Find out what exactly is included with that $8k.
99% sure that the $ 8k dealer adjustment is simply additional mark-up.

To find a dealer I simply looked online and started with the one that had the most LC’s listed in inventory (9). Virtually none were on the lot and most had a sale pending, but I figured that dealer likely has a more healthy number of allocations compared to a dealer with say 2 or 3 LC’s listed in their online inventory.

I placed an order last week on a 1958 and was notified yesterday it’ll arrive late next month. I’m paying MSRP with a couple of minor add on’s (door guards & wheel locks).

I think you can find a fair deal, but I’d be looking at dealers that have a decent supply versus ones that seem intent in adding a bunch of shaky add-in’s to the few vehicles they get allocated.
What I found when I was originally looking:
Dealers to avoid were in Chicago, NY/NJ, majority of CA, PA, FL, WA, and any small dealer with low volume. That doesn't necessarily mean a small city as so many big dealers are owned by large corporate conglomerates and have locations in "small" cities.
Berkshire Hathaway is into car dealerships. However, they are always one to avoid as they have ridiculous markups....even here in Omaha.

She said it's for the kit and new wheels and tires. Says it's now more "off roady looking" LOL

Seems more than fair…

Hi all, after months of frustrations, made a deposit through Toyota of Anaheim, Orange County, Southern California for a mid tier Land Cruiser. Dealer Costco referred me to was 2.5 k more. Worlds largest dealership told me a 12 month wait. Here is the VIN #, All are invited to give me as much info as possible, JTEABFAJ2R122AS38, they said AS will change. Toyota.com was down, so could not find any info. Toyota offers 7.0 APR TO THOSE WITH CREDIT SCORE OVER 800. Another rip off. 7.0 used to be for guys with bad credit. Toyota said if you get premium package, interior will be Java. This has PP and yet interior is black. Toyota is charging $425 for the color, even when I have not been given a choice of colors.
Thank you great friends. Someday we will meet all members, possibly in Vegas.

Back