More off-road cruiser variants in-work at Toyota

Wanderlost

📛 Founding Member
Aug 28, 2023
Seattle, Washington USA, Earth
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler TJ
David from “AutomotivePress” reports speculative details on a potentially new mini Land Cruiser variant. I was expecting a north American market unibody EV Cruiser following the Bronco Sport, but apparently the mini Land Cruiser could be a body-on-frame vehicle.

I think Toyota needs to offer something like this to compete with the Bronco Sport, but in a way I feel like it would dilute the legacy of the Land Cruiser brand.

I think Toyota needs to offer something like this to compete with the Bronco Sport, but in a way I feel like it would dilute the legacy of the Land Cruiser brand.
Done wrong it sure would. But given what they’ve put out for design lately (LC, Tacoma) they may just have a shot at getting it right & extending the brand. I’ve said before though, I’d be surprised to see this as BOF, I’d be expecting something more like a rav4 in an LC box. Surely they’re thinking about how to most effectively bring the LC brand down to a lower price point.

Done wrong it sure would. But given what they’ve put out for design lately (LC, Tacoma) they may just have a shot at getting it right & extending the brand. I’ve said before though, I’d be surprised to see this as BOF, I’d be expecting something more like a rav4 in an LC box. Surely they’re thinking about how to most effectively bring the LC brand down to a lower price point.
Totally agree. This thread is probably a better fit in the off-topic section of the Forum. I expect this vehicle will be more than "one tier" below the LC 250. The Rav4 segment of the market is very crowded and cost sensitive.

Reactions: MJE
Back