LOW GAS ALERT WARNING (or REFUEL LIGHT)

Gen

Member
Joined
Apr 22, 2025
Messages
61
Media
4
Reaction score
16
Location
Arkansas
Vehicles
2025 Toyota Land Cruiser
I am not sure if this is the correct forum, but can the alert on the gas light be changed? I live in a rural location and drive a lot - on two different occasions I forgot to stop and get gas and the first time the alert went off showing a 14 mile range, the last time only a 10 mile range. THERE ARE A LOT OF PLACES that I drive that there is NOT a station within a 14 mi range. I asked at the dealership this past Saturday about there possibly being a setting that could be changed on that and he said that was not possible, but also was not convincing that he knew what he was talking about. So, does anyone know if it is possible to change that to get a warning at 30 or 40 miles left in the tank instead of 10?? Thank you!
 
I am not sure if this is the correct forum, but can the alert on the gas light be changed? I live in a rural location and drive a lot - on two different occasions I forgot to stop and get gas and the first time the alert went off showing a 14 mile range, the last time only a 10 mile range. THERE ARE A LOT OF PLACES that I drive that there is NOT a station within a 14 mi range. I asked at the dealership this past Saturday about there possibly being a setting that could be changed on that and he said that was not possible, but also was not convincing that he knew what he was talking about. So, does anyone know if it is possible to change that to get a warning at 30 or 40 miles left in the tank instead of 10?? Thank you!
What is your average mpg? You have a couple of gallons beyond that 0 DTE indication, and that is in addition to the 10-14 indicated. You likely have an actual 50-60 mile range if getting 20mpg or better.

I do not think it can be changed, and I don’t think they’re misleading you. That indication and alarm are all a product of aggregate data based on your LC’s historical returns. It’s not a simple 1 or 0 alteration in a NAND gate waterfall.
 
I’ve noticed that when filling the tank up from an indicated “0 miles” I can only get ~16 gallons in, and so if the range under 0 miles indicated is two gallons worth since we’re on 18 gallon tanks.
 
I am not sure if this is the correct forum, but can the alert on the gas light be changed? I live in a rural location and drive a lot - on two different occasions I forgot to stop and get gas and the first time the alert went off showing a 14 mile range, the last time only a 10 mile range. THERE ARE A LOT OF PLACES that I drive that there is NOT a station within a 14 mi range. I asked at the dealership this past Saturday about there possibly being a setting that could be changed on that and he said that was not possible, but also was not convincing that he knew what he was talking about. So, does anyone know if it is possible to change that to get a warning at 30 or 40 miles left in the tank instead of 10?? Thank you!
Just to clarify a bit.
  • The low fuel light is triggered from a metered level off the fuel pump/sender. It triggers a low fuel warning light at a specific quantity of fuel left remaining in the fuel tank.
  • The DTE is the previous driving HISTORY estimating the remaining range. The DTE will send IP warnings about low fuel & recommending to refuel. The DTE takes past driving behavior, past & current mpg & remaining fuel to provide a range remaining estimate.
  • When the low fuel light comes on 2 different LCs, with both of them with the same amount of fuel remaining, the Distance To Empty (DTE) reading could be vastly different depending on how the LC has been driven.
  • Don’t know of any way to modify the actual tank level warning light.
 
Supporting Vendors View all →
Air Down Gear
Back
Top Bottom