Leather for Softex Swap

bob

πŸ“› Founding Member
May 17, 2024
TN
Vehicles
2020 4Runner TRD OR
I've got a deposit on a LC and was planning on getting the premium package to get the digital rear view mirror and a couple other extras, but I really don't want the leather seats. Anyone that would be interested in swapping their java softex seats for my java leather seats, keep me in mind.

I've got a deposit on a LC and was planning on getting the premium package to get the digital rear view mirror and a couple other extras, but I really don't want the leather seats. Anyone that would be interested in swapping their java softex seats for my java leather seats, keep me in mind.
Keep in mind that the passenger seat will be power with leather (it's a manual passenger seat with Softex).

Keep in mind that the passenger seat will be power with leather (it's a manual passenger seat with Softex).
You don't think there is any way to make that work?

You don't think there is any way to make that work?
I'm not sure if the wiring harness in a non-Premium Package LC grade will have a plug for the power passenger seat. Honestly, I don't think it's worth the juggle/hassle. Leather and Softex are very similar. I know that Softex is arguably more durable but just take care of the leather.

I'm not sure if the wiring harness in a non-Premium Package LC grade will have a plug for the power passenger seat. Honestly, I don't think it's worth the juggle/hassle. Leather and Softex are very similar. I know that Softex is arguably more durable but just take care of the leather.
That's the thing, I don't really feel like taking care of the leather. The LC will be for outdoor stuff like camping and mountain biking trips. Also have two little kids that get stuff dirty pretty quickly. The softex in my 4Runner has been perfect, so I'd rather stick with that. Maybe it would just be easier to skip premium package and try to add the digital review mirror (if that's even possible).

That's the thing, I don't really feel like taking care of the leather. The LC will be for outdoor stuff like camping and mountain biking trips. Also have two little kids that get stuff dirty pretty quickly. The softex in my 4Runner has been perfect, so I'd rather stick with that. Maybe it would just be easier to skip premium package and try to add the digital review mirror (if that's even possible).
I think that's a good planβ€”skip the Premium Package. Personally, I'm not fan of digital rear view mirrors. I'm sure you get used to them but I've driven many vehicles with the feature and I always end up turning them off due to the digital rear view mirror not being as good as far as depth perception or clarity (and you sense they have an ever-so-slight delay). I plan to NOT use the feature when my new LC grade (with Premium Package) arrives.

I think that's a good planβ€”skip the Premium Package. Personally, I'm not fan of digital rear view mirrors. I'm sure you get used to them but I've driven many vehicles with the feature and I always end up turning them off due to the digital rear view mirror not being as good as far as depth perception or clarity (and you sense they have an ever-so-slight delay). I plan to not use the feature when my LC grade (with Premium Package) arrives.
I've never used a digital rear view mirror before, so not sure how I'd like it. Currently, my dog kennel (medium Gunner) blocks a good bit of the back window and when my cooler and other stuff are in the back, I really can't see much.

Given that, I can see why you'd want a camera rear view mirror on paper. I just don't think they are that great. Just decide if Softex and saving some money (not getting the Premium Package) are more important than having the camera rear view mirror. I'm fine that the Premium Package comes with a camera rear view mirror but I won't use it (and would prefer if it was removed from the package and the package price was a touch cheaper). But I like the other features in the package including the cool box and the passenger power seat (especially the passenger power seat).

Given that, I can see why you'd want a camera rear view mirror on paper. I just don't think they are that great. Just decide if Softex and saving some money (not getting the Premium Package) are more important than having the camera rear view mirror. I'm fine that the Premium Package comes with a camera rear view mirror but I won't use it (and would prefer if it was removed from the package and the package price was a touch cheaper). But I like the other features in the package including the cool box and the passenger power seat (especially the passenger power seat).
Do you have a reference on the passenger power seat? I have not seen a reference to it anywhere. In fact, if you look at this package and what it includes, it specifically says drivers power seat. I’ve included a screenshot of it.

Attachments

• IMG_0265.jpeg
    IMG_0265.jpeg
    98.9 KB · Views: 43
Do you have a reference on the passenger power seat? I have not seen a reference to it anywhere. In fact, if you look at this package and what it includes, it specifically says drivers power seat. I’ve included a screenshot of it.
I am talking about the passenger seatβ€”power passenger seat. The Premium Package on the LC grade adds a power passenger seat. The LC grade comes standard with Softex seats (power driver's seat and manual passenger seat). The Premium Package adds leather and a power passenger seat (and memory for the driver's seat + the extendable seat cushion on the driver's seat). I've confirmed that info with a contact at Toyota (corporate) and you can see that change (the power seat controls are added in the "photo" when you add the Premium Package) if you look carefully while in the Toyota configurator on the Toyota USA website.

I do see it here now but at one time it indicated that the passenger was Manuel. There’s also some discussion and some of the threads on $75,000 vehicle having a manual passenger seat. I think some of their documentation is not up to snuff yet, and then someplace it contradicts itself.

Attachments

• IMG_0266.jpeg
    IMG_0266.jpeg
    60.2 KB · Views: 30
I do see it here now but at one time it indicated that the passenger was Manuel. There’s also some discussion and some of the threads on $75,000 vehicle having a manual passenger seat. I think some of their documentation is not up to snuff yet, and then someplace it contradicts itself.
I have not checked the specifications "grid" on the Toyota USA website lately but there was a ton of incorrect info on there originally (when pricing was first released). Here is exactly the info I received from my (good)contact at Toyota...confirmed to be correct:
--β€˜Land Cruiser 1958’: 6-way manual driver’s seat & 6-way manual front passenger seat (fabric). Front seats have standard heating
--β€˜Land Cruiser’: 8-way power driver’s seat w/ power lumbar & 6-way manual front passenger seat (SofTex). Front seats have standard heating and ventilation
--β€˜Land Cruiser’ w/ Premium Package: 8-way power driver’s seat w/ manual thigh extender, power lumbar, and memory & 8-way power passenger seat (Leather). Front seats have standard heating and ventilation
--β€˜First Edition’: 8-way power driver’s seat w/ manual thigh extender, power lumbar, and memory & 8-way power passenger seat (Leather). Front seats have standard heating and ventilation.

I had to use my digital rear view this weekend as I had gear packed high and without it I would not have been able to see behind me. With that said there are plenty of aftermarket digital rearview mirrors on the market.

Reactions: bob
I had to use my digital rear view this weekend as I had gear packed high and without it I would not have been able to see behind me. With that said there are plenty of aftermarket digital rearview mirrors on the market.
I tow oftenβ€”I’m used to relying on my side mirrors. If a digital rear view mirror worked better, I’d see the appeal.

I have not checked the specifications "grid" on the Toyota USA website lately but there was a ton of incorrect info on there originally (when pricing was first released). Here is exactly the info I received from my (good)contact at Toyota...confirmed to be correct:
--β€˜Land Cruiser 1958’: 6-way manual driver’s seat & 6-way manual front passenger seat (fabric). Front seats have standard heating
--β€˜Land Cruiser’: 8-way power driver’s seat w/ power lumbar & 6-way manual front passenger seat (SofTex). Front seats have standard heating and ventilation
--β€˜Land Cruiser’ w/ Premium Package: 8-way power driver’s seat w/ manual thigh extender, power lumbar, and memory & 8-way power passenger seat (Leather). Front seats have standard heating and ventilation
--β€˜First Edition’: 8-way power driver’s seat w/ manual thigh extender, power lumbar, and memory & 8-way power passenger seat (Leather). Front seats have standard heating and ventilation.
Agree at one time it said manual passenger seat..:. I remember because when I saw that it was almost a deal breaker ($70-80k car with manual passenger seat?!?).

That said, I have seen two FEs in person and can confirm the passenger seat is power.

Seat covers. Good waterproof ones that are made for over landing. I had a set on my Land Rover Discovery II (leather underneath), and on my Jeep Wrangler (fabric). Had them on for years, liked sitting on them, took them off and the seats were perfect.

I saw on one of the YouTube reviews that the leather in premium package makes the LC more luxurious, almost feels like a Lexus. Anyone here agrees with that? Does the leather makes it more luxurious than the softex? Anyone knows what parts of upholstery get leather?

I never owned a Lexus as I'm a Toyota guy but I love these leather seats. I had softex in my highlander and these are way nicer.

Back