supersix

Administrator
Staff member
📛 Founding Member
Jul 7, 2023
Vehicles
2014 4runner, 2021 Bronco
2024-landcruiser-headlights.png

Looks like there might be two different headlight options available. What headlights do you like better?

I like the rectangle-shaped headlights with the painted bumper panels better. I'm assuming that these upgraded features come when selecting a higher trim level.

I like the rectangle-shaped headlights with the painted bumper panels better. I'm assuming that these upgraded features come when selecting a higher trim level.
Me too. Agreed. This post should be a poll!

At the reveal Dave Christ, VP of Toyota North America, said that the headlights will be interchangable. You can swap out the rectangular headlights for the round ones. Game changer. Now you can get the middle tear rectangular headlight model and make it a round headlight model. Add all the options you want and not have to bum out because you couldn’t grab one of the 1st editions. That’s exactly what I’m going to do.

• Admin
  • Admin
At the reveal Dave Christ, VP of Toyota North America, said that the headlights will be interchangable. You can swap out the rectangular headlights for the round ones. Game changer. Now you can get the middle tear rectangular headlight model and make it a round headlight model. Add all the options you want and not have to bum out because you couldn’t grab one of the 1st editions. That’s exactly what I’m going to do.

Welcome to the forum @Rob! That's awesome news that the headlights are interchangeable. Now we can focus on options & features that can't be added or changed..lol

Not a cheap swap I would imagine, but great to know! Next step, aftermarket offerings...

Last edited:

That is pretty neat. The whole bumper looks different with the different headlights.

To say I'm intrigued by the new LC is an understatement. I like simple, functional tools and if this version of the LC doesn't fit the bill, I don't know what does!

And, oh yeah, I voted for the retro rounds!

+1 for the retro rounds, love the retro look but thinking the rectangular lights will put out more lumen’s…

Are you talking about this reveal event? I watched the whole thing and can't find where he talks about interchangeable headlights.

They've got to be interchangeable, I highly doubt Toyota made two different radiator supports. OEM parts from the parts counter may be cost prohibitive but as they start to show up in salvage yards, it might be affordable.

They've got to be interchangeable, I highly doubt Toyota made two different radiator supports. OEM parts from the parts counter may be cost prohibitive but as they start to show up in salvage yards, it might be affordable.
The headlight units are for sure, but the parts/service department at my dealership said they show two different harness part numbers for vehicles with round versus rectangular headlights, leading them to believe you'd need to replace the harness as well. The harness for the headlights is part of a larger harness and costs $5k. I hope they're wrong, as it would be nice to be able to swap if wanted.

The headlight units are for sure, but the parts/service department at my dealership said they show two different harness part numbers for vehicles with round versus rectangular headlights, leading them to believe you'd need to replace the harness as well. The harness for the headlights is part of a larger harness and costs $5k. I hope they're wrong, as it would be nice to be able to swap if wanted.
Parts counter parts are spendy, but with the wiring diagrams and someone to help you with the part numbers for the light connectors and pins, it would be very doable. Basically a breakout harness, not disturbing the OEM harness.
When they start showing up in salvage yards, head light pig tails are reasonably cheap and then all you would need are new pins.

I imagine going from Square to round would be easier than round to square but would need the wire diagrams to confirm.

I'm very curious if the "Cool box" is modular or ducted. If it's modular, it might end up in a new portable housing in the back seat area......... need a storage console more than a fancy drink holder.....LOL

I know wiring is intimidating to a lot of folks, but I really enjoy figuring out what is what and what is off limits. Used to be able to probe and figure things out on the vehicle. Toyotas in particular have such tiny gage wires that often you will do a LOT of damage trying to probe a wire, and probe the wrong wire think that's the one and wire something in, flip the switch and cause thousands of dollars of damage, cause due to your expertise, you just burned up the body ECU. Just about anything I wire these days are break-out harnesses, separate relays, single point power source (anything I add is powered from a single point) etc......

Back