Introduction - Mateo L

Mateo L

📛 Founding Member
Jan 19, 2024
Los Angeles
Glad to be in this forum. I received lots of useful information from here and I'll be scraping info for y'all as well. Sharing is caring!

Put down a deposit at LONGO Lexus for GX550(DEC 2023 RANK ~450) and waiting for LONGO Toyota to open reservation again(they said around Feb 2024).

Personally, I want to get heritage blue LC250 and make it more vintage look. Like the LC inside out, the only concern is the lifespan of 2.4t and battery.
I might only drive it around 5000 per year. and likely to keep it forever. was wondering if I should go with GX550 and facelift & buttlift it to lc250. Let's talk.
banner_64cbef4bc1aa3.jpg
LC80 on BaT | Bring a Trailer

Welcome to the forum Mateo! I am not quite clear re what you report is happening at LONGO. What does "RANK 450" indicate? My nearest Lexus dealer, in Boise, ID., as far as I know is not taking deposits. Supposedly on their list, but possibly time to bug them again? I share your concern re the battery, as we only drive about 5K/year also, so that sort of makes the advantage of the hybrid moot. Also, can virtually guarantee that the GX550 will be a smoother and quieter running vehicle of the two, albeit markedly pricier.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum Mateo! I am not quite clear re what you report is happening at LONGO. What does "RANK 450" indicate? My nearest Lexus dealer, in Boise, ID., as far as I know is not taking deposits. Supposedly on their list, but possibly time to bug them again? I share your concern re the battery, as we only drive about 5K/year also, so that sort of makes the advantage of the hybrid moot. Also, can virtually guarantee that the GX550 will be a smoother and quieter running vehicle of the two, albeit markedly pricier.
The dealer name: Longo Toyota: The World's Largest Toyota Dealership Located in El Monte, CA
I find this dealer from this forum. I actually went there to put a deposit for LC250, but they said they have too many deposit and reject me. And ask me to come back around Feb 2024(China dealer officially taking order after lunar new year which is around Feb 10, 2024, and expected delivery date is around July 2024).
So I was sad and just went to their Lexus dealership right next door, and surprisingly they will take deposit. Everything went smooth. They said no mark up but ranking 460 on the list.

460! Yikes! You may be in for a wait! At age 82, I may have to go to "Plan B" for a vehicle capable of off-roading. This said, I am allegedly #2 at our very small local Toyota/Jeep/Ram dealership. (The owner gets the first LC to arrive). And the Toyota downside, one cannot "order" a vehicle of their choosing, dealers being subject to their allocation system.

Last edited:
Wow, 460! I'm sure the team at Toyota is thrilled about the high demand for the GX550 & Land Cruiser. I just hope they can fulfill a majority of the orders and stick to a first-come, first-served approach. Welcome to the forum @Mateo L 🍻

Back