Howdy from New Mexico!

Tacanta

πŸ“› Founding Member
Aug 22, 2023
Pie Town, NM
Vehicles
2022 Bronco Black Diamond
Love my 2022 Bronco 4 Dr Black Diamond, especially the MT, but am a little concerned with the build quality. As a previous Toyota owner (T100 [BIG mistake], Highlander, 4Runner), I was immediately drawn to the 2024 Land Cruiser, and can't wait to see it up close and personal. Probably going to trade in the Bronco for one ASAP, and since I'm 70, it will probably be the last vehicle I buy!

IMG_0274.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
81 here Tacanta, and still purchasing vehicles! Don't throw in the towel...
Thanks for the reply, and as a retired personal trainer, Spinning and Body Sculpt instructor, I'm in perfect health and pretty fit, but I would expect the LC to STILL outlast me! Time will tell, Nuke, and keep on truckin'!

Welcome aboard, @Tacanta! Nice trailer! How's the Bronco do pulling it?

Howdy, Supersix, and even with the 2.3 engine (with MT) it pulls great, and I load out the tear drop to about 2,000 lbs and my mpg drops from around 25 to 21, and I've got about 2,000 miles towing, 8500 overall. Great vehicle, but all the problems Ford has had is disconcerting (even though I've had no problems) and I know how well Toyota's are built!

Welcome from another fellow New Mexican! As a kid, I spent a lot of time out on my family's ranch outside Carrizozo, NM, not too far from you! It sounds like your Bronco has been up to the task so far.

Howdy, Supersix, and even with the 2.3 engine (with MT) it pulls great, and I load out the tear drop to about 2,000 lbs and my mpg drops from around 25 to 21, and I've got about 2,000 miles towing, 8500 overall. Great vehicle, but all the problems Ford has had is disconcerting (even though I've had no problems) and I know how well Toyota's are built!

I haven't had major issues with my '21 Bronco and it's been one of the funnest vehicles I've ever owned. However, because of all the wind noise and tight back seat, it makes it tough to travel in with the family. Also my fuel economy isn't that great. I average about 15mpg - 16mpg (2.7l with the Sasquatch package).

I'm hoping the extra room in the LC will make for a great traveling vehicle. Eventually we'll get a small trailer so I'm glad to see the towing capacity increase over the 4runner. I'm a huge fan of the Airstream Basecamp, but just not the price..lol I also like some of the smaller No Boundaries trailers. They seem to be a good bang for the buck trailer.

Last edited:
Hello @Tacanta, welcome to the site. Where abouts in NM do you live? I'm originally from Alamogordo, NM.
Howdy El Chorizo, and thanks for the welcome! I'm in Pie Town and love it here; the solitude was exactly what I was looking for!

Welcome from another fellow New Mexican! As a kid, I spent a lot of time out on my family's ranch outside Carrizozo, NM, not too far from you! It sounds like your Bronco has been up to the task so far.
Howdy Dragoon, and I appreciate the welcome! Haven't been east of 25 yet, but one of my brothers, a retired cop from Norfolk, VA, visits twice a year and then heads to Roswell (he's a UFO/UAP nut) and he loves the New Mexican omelette at Cafe Chubascos in Quemado, 25 miles west of me, and as a former OTR driver, I've had omelettes from NY to Miami, San Diego to Anchorage, and it is the best omelette EVER! Where you located now, and if not NM, do you miss it? And yes, the Hulk has done me well, so no complaints, but if I can swing it, the '24 LC is next!

I haven't had major issues with my '21 Bronco and it's been one of the funnest vehicles I've ever owned. However, because of all the wind noise and tight back seat, it makes it tough to travel in with the family. Also my fuel economy isn't that great. I average about 15mpg - 16mpg (2.7l with the Sasquatch package).

I'm hoping the extra room in the LC will make for a great traveling vehicle. Eventually we'll get a small trailer so I'm glad to see the towing capacity increase over the 4runner. I'm a huge fan of the Airstream Basecamp, but just not the price..lol I also like some of the smaller No Boundaries trailers. They seem to be a good bang for the buck trailer.
Definitely agree on the fun factor of the Bronco, and also on the wind noise, even though I have the MIC. Gonna miss the MT if I go LC, but yes, the extra room will be nice, especially when I don't take my tear drop and sleep in the back of the Hulk; with a 100 lb Pittie/Mastiff, it gets a little crowded! I was only getting about 22 mpg, checked the tire pressure, which the knuckleheads at my dealer had set at 50, reduced it to 39, and I'm averaging 25 mpg now! And yes, the Airsteams are beautiful, but WAY out of my price range, and the NuCamp Tag XL Boondock has worked out great for me. Glad that your Bronco has run well for you, and have fun shopping for a trailer for your LC when you get it!

Howdy Dragoon, and I appreciate the welcome! Haven't been east of 25 yet, but one of my brothers, a retired cop from Norfolk, VA, visits twice a year and then heads to Roswell (he's a UFO/UAP nut) and he loves the New Mexican omelette at Cafe Chubascos in Quemado, 25 miles west of me, and as a former OTR driver, I've had omelettes from NY to Miami, San Diego to Anchorage, and it is the best omelette EVER! Where you located now, and if not NM, do you miss it? And yes, the Hulk has done me well, so no complaints, but if I can swing it, the '24 LC is next!
I haven't heard of Cafe Chubascos, but I'm adding it to my places to visit next time in NM! I live in Fredericksburg, TX now, but all my family is in NM so I go back often to visit them.

Howdy El Chorizo, and thanks for the welcome! I'm in Pie Town and love it here; the solitude was exactly what I was looking for!
Well, not often do I hear a name for a town in New Mexico that I didn't know... but that's a new one on me!

Well, not often do I hear a name for a town in New Mexico that I didn't know... but that's a new one on me!
Only about 100 folks live here, and I'm 6.5 miles down a dirt road from PT! I love PIE, so it's nice to know that we still have 2 restaurants that have pie, but unfortunatel the BBQ place, which also had pie, recently closed but has a couple of food trucks for events, like the annual Pie Festival on Saturday, 9/9/23, so come on down!

Only about 100 folks live here, and I'm 6.5 miles down a dirt road from PT! I love PIE, so it's nice to know that we still have 2 restaurants that have pie, but unfortunatel the BBQ place, which also had pie, recently closed but has a couple of food trucks for events, like the annual Pie Festival on Saturday, 9/9/23, so come on down!
There have been 2 BBQ places I've loved that have gone out of business. Sad days :(

Back