Hello from Calgary!

Skidaddl

đź“› Founding Member
Sep 7, 2023
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Hi All, like many of you I've been a Toyota guy for many years. My very first vehicle was a 1980 Toyota 4x4 pickup shortbox which I bought in about 1989, and the love affair with Toyota trucks and their reliability went from there. Over the years, I've also owned two 4Runners (2nd gen, 3rd gen), a 2009 Venza, and my daily drive is a 2007 Tundra Crewmax Limited as (original owner), which now has over a half million km on it. I've been wanting to replace the Tundra for several years and just keep it for work, and had been waiting for for the new Tundra to come out, but when the fuel efficiency numbers were disappointing (I drive close to 35,000km or 22,000 miles a year) I turned my hopes to the redeisigned 4Runner. Big bonus with the 4Runner is that it fits in my garage because I'm getting SICK of brushing snow off that big Tundra all winter.

When the 4Runner redesign was delayed, I turned my attention to the new Tacoma and have my name on a waiting list (which is still a possibility for me), but when the new LC was intro'd I started to salivate at the thought of finally owning a legendary 4x4 I've always coveted, at an affordable price, and with great fuel economy!

Hope your journey here is informative and exciting. I can't wait for more details to come out!

Hello from Calgary here too! I’m one of those though who hasn’t been a Toyota guy in the past, but finding it hard to ignore the new TNGA-F offerings they’re putting out. New Tacoma, LC, GX, and believe a new 4 runner is on the way too. I miss my full size truck (an 07 F150 which I would’ve had not quite your mileage on though had I kept it) but for the city, the LC/GX or even Tacoma seem much better choices. A full size truck, unless you need one, seems to be more of a burden wheeling around the city, even if every guy that seems to be what they have. You mention the fuel economy, & honestly I’m surprised as what should be a larger & more comfortable vehicle should also beat my current one for mileage.

Hi All, like many of you I've been a Toyota guy for many years. My very first vehicle was a 1980 Toyota 4x4 pickup shortbox which I bought in about 1989, and the love affair with Toyota trucks and their reliability went from there. Over the years, I've also owned two 4Runners (2nd gen, 3rd gen), a 2009 Venza, and my daily drive is a 2007 Tundra Crewmax Limited as (original owner), which now has over a half million km on it. I've been wanting to replace the Tundra for several years and just keep it for work, and had been waiting for for the new Tundra to come out, but when the fuel efficiency numbers were disappointing (I drive close to 35,000km or 22,000 miles a year) I turned my hopes to the redeisigned 4Runner. Big bonus with the 4Runner is that it fits in my garage because I'm getting SICK of brushing snow off that big Tundra all winter.

When the 4Runner redesign was delayed, I turned my attention to the new Tacoma and have my name on a waiting list (which is still a possibility for me), but when the new LC was intro'd I started to salivate at the thought of finally owning a legendary 4x4 I've always coveted, at an affordable price, and with great fuel economy!

Hope your journey here is informative and exciting. I can't wait for more details to come out!
Welcome! Looking forward to seeing some pics of your new LC along the Icefields Parkway.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum @Skidaddl 🍻 I think Toyota knocked it out of the park with the new Tacoma redesign. It's a vehicle we considered before the Land Cruiser was announced.

Hello from Calgary here too! I’m one of those though who hasn’t been a Toyota guy in the past, but finding it hard to ignore the new TNGA-F offerings they’re putting out. New Tacoma, LC, GX, and believe a new 4 runner is on the way too. I miss my full size truck (an 07 F150 which I would’ve had not quite your mileage on though had I kept it) but for the city, the LC/GX or even Tacoma seem much better choices. A full size truck, unless you need one, seems to be more of a burden wheeling around the city, even if every guy that seems to be what they have. You mention the fuel economy, & honestly I’m surprised as what should be a larger & more comfortable vehicle should also beat my current one for mileage.
Once you own a Toyota, you'll be a lifer. It's not just that they last a long time, it's that they last a long time requiring minimal service. My buddies still comment on how tight my truck feels when they ride in it, and that's been a characteristic of every Toyota I've owned.

Back