Ground Clearance?

bob

๐Ÿ“› Founding Member
May 17, 2024
TN
Vehicles
2020 4Runner TRD OR
I was wondering if anyone has the actual ground clearance numbers. There have been several different numbers reported, so I was hoping someone here knows the actual number.

Wondering the same. Toyota said 8.7" in the press release but 8" on the specs page.

Last edited:
Reactions: bob
FE is 8.7 the 1958 is 8. The Land Cruiser is also 8.7 with the 265/18 tires. I'm not sure about the 20" tires.
What makes the 0.7" difference? The nominal tire size difference isn't quite that much, but I suppose depending on the individual tires, that's possible.

Edit to add: the Toyota specs page still lists the same 8.0" ground clearance for all three trims. The August 1 press release says "Ground clearance is up to 8.7 inches."

Last edited:
I was wondering if anyone has the actual ground clearance numbers. There have been several different numbers reported, so I was hoping someone here knows the actual number.
Happy to measure on an FE. Not sure what to take the measurement off of.

I measure at the rear diff and any where less, maybe at front skid plate
Apx 9.25 at the rear diff. I had slightly under 9 on the skid. That might be the 8.7.

100% stock FE.

Attachments

• IMG_0827.jpeg
    IMG_0827.jpeg
    393.3 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_0826.jpeg
    IMG_0826.jpeg
    316.1 KB · Views: 73
Apx 9.25 at the rear diff. I had slightly under 9 on the skid. That might be the 8.7.

100% stock FE.
Appreciate you measuring that. And those numbers definitely look a little better and more in line with what I was hoping for. Now if OME will just make the MT64 for the LC so I can get a couple more inches, I'll be happy.

Back