Greetings from Michigan

GLRMOR

๐Ÿ“› Founding Member
May 20, 2024
Michigan
Vehicles
2013 Toyota Land Cruiser, 2019 GMC Yukon XL, 2024 BMW M240i
Thanks for welcoming me to the forum. I currently own a 2013 Land Cruiser and my 2024 FE LC is on QC hold at the dock (salesman says there is a shortage of roof racks). Toyota was the sponsor for many years of an event I have co-directed for over 30 years. Toyota would give us a 4Runner for a large chunk of the year to map our courses in the Outback of Michigan. We used the trucks how they were meant to be used - muddy forest roads, deep sand around Camp Grayling, crossing creeks... Eagerly waiting for the new LC!

Howdy GLRMOR, and again welcome to the forum. Good to know the holdup is a shortage of roof racks, and not a QC issue as one typically envisions it. Your off-roading sounds like fun. My history is dry lakes, abandoned mines, etc. Tough on tires, the "roads" to the mines.

Thanks for the message Nuke. Abandoned mines sounds very cool. I'd love to see some pictures form those adventures.

I also take LOTS of photos!
Very different landscape than we see in Michigan. I haven't looked at them all yet, but those are great pictures. ...now is that your family or a just a big group of explorers? If that's your family, what are you driving them around in? They won't all for in a Land Cruiser!

Small sampling of some of the places we've been. One of our 4Runners went through this attached river. The tank is at Camp Grayling in Michigan We've driven on horribly sandy roads in that area where tracked military vehicles go. Lots of forest roads, and of course the Great Lakes.

Attachments

• P1010011.JPG
    P1010011.JPG
    197.9 KB · Views: 26
  • Camp Grayling 2.jpg
    Camp Grayling 2.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 25
  • Empire 2.JPG
    Empire 2.JPG
    170 KB · Views: 16
  • P1010001.JPG
    P1010001.JPG
    212 KB · Views: 23
Very different landscape than we see in Michigan. I haven't looked at them all yet, but those are great pictures. ...now is that your family or a just a big group of explorers? If that's your family, what are you driving them around in? They won't all for in a Land Cruiser!
Depends on the photo. Probably some of the family brought their own vehicles. Most of the crowds were most likely at a ghost town called Delamar. I have explored much of the underground workings when younger, but not so much, or foolish, nowadays. We lived in very rural Nevada, population about 600. Here in the west the vast majority of roaming is done on public lands, managed by the Bureau of Land Management.

Back