Falken WILDPEAK A/T4W SL or LT on TRD rims Ontario?

bradf

New member
Joined
Sep 29, 2026
Messages
7
Reaction score
1
Location
Ontario
Vehicles
27 Land Cruiser
Please share your experience on FALKEN WILDPEAK A/T4W SL or LT on TRD rims for southern Ontario on a new Land Cruiser. I’ve asked four A.I.s and four said the asks are better and one said the LT is better. Now to ask you folks who actually drive.
 
I drive on the falken wildpeak at4 285/70r17 SL use them year round on our snowy Alberta roads. 0 issues love the look and they are great in winter. I went sl as I don’t rock climb or go off road much and huge weight savings. More comfortable on highway too.
 
I drive on the falken wildpeak at4 285/70r17 SL use them year round on our snowy Alberta roads. 0 issues love the look and they are great in winter. I went sl as I don’t rock climb or go off road much and huge weight savings. More comfortable on highway too.
Could you please share how they are on the highway and how they affected your mileage?
 
Have Wildpeak A/T4W in 275/60R20. I did a lot of research & had them installed when buying outer LC. The A/T4W Wildpeak is the best rated tire overall statistically combining categories, but wet traction is where most AT tires are weak, & Wildpeaks really excel there. Quiet on the road, solid sidewalls, & great traction off road, & they’re a really good looking AT tires..

Your MPG question is super subjective. If you keep the tire size around a 33” & a SL rated load tire you will keep the weight down which helps MPG. Still the A/T4W is an aggressive tread. If you plan serious off roading then you’ll want E rated load tire for reinforced sidewalls for when you lower air pressure down & they’re much heavier effecting MPG, acceleration & braking. Just driving trails then SL works fine.

I chose Falken over the Toyo over the wet traction strength. Talk to a pro. Reach out to @MathewLC250 and get his opinion.

 
and they are not light weight wise.
They drive well on the highway but you do lose at least 1 km or a bit more off your litres/Km.
Not sure exactly as I bought the LC with them on already!
I just did a trip to the Kootenays from the Lower Mainland and I averaged 14.3 litres/100 km.
(There and back......about 1470 kms)
K
 
I would lean SL unless you're doing heavy off-road use. Falkens are already have as-is and have a pretty substantial sidewall so I'd prefer to keep the weight down knowing you have one of the more durable sidewalls out there for an SL tire.
 
The Falkens were at the top of my list, but the weight was the main reason I went with the Toyo Open Country in EV versions. I haven't been able to break the Toyos loose courtesy of traction control and full time 4wd, but then again I haven't tried any exotic manoeuvres.
 
Supporting Vendors View all →
Air Down Gear
Back
Top Bottom