Dashcam options for LC250

Cruiserjetz

📛 Founding Member
Jun 7, 2024
Utah
Vehicles
2024 Land Cruiser 1958, 2018 Tundra, 2000 4Runner
I’m curious if anyone has a good inconspicuous solution for adding a dashcam on their Land Cruiser yet? I’m looking for a set it and forget it, not seen option.

My LC FÉ is coming from the factory with one. Wasn’t my first choice but I can live with it.

My LC FÉ is coming from the factory with one. Wasn’t my first choice but I can live with it.
Can you view the recording with the factory dashcam? How do you download the recordings to a phone or laptop?

I have no idea. It came with the truck. Said truck has been sitting in Portland since early April.

Feeling better about adding the dashcam to my order. He’s a little harsh on video quality. 1080p is more than sufficient for a dashcam. It also allows for more storage with smaller files. I would like to know the size of the SD card it comes with and how often it rolls over.

I think it's good enough for determining fault in an accident, which is most of what you'd need.

If you need to be able to read a license plate number, and/or be able to record when the vehicle is off, invest in a Blackvue

Broadcast TV is a combo of 1080p and 720p depending on channel. Seems good enough to get a license plate number.

Anyone wiring for parking mode coverage? Looking to go 2-channel front/rear and would like to have always-on monitoring with the camera's parking mode if possible with something like this:

Back