Accurate ETA’s?

Portland is at a stand still because of the rail cars that leave and head to KC. Everything west of Chicago comes through Portland. My FE has been there almost 30 days. I was told that even '24 4Runners that were slated for June will be August/September now.

Just got an update from the dealer. My LC is allocated, but not being delivered until mid-July. UGH. At least I know its coming, but that takes half the summer out of the works.

Yeah it must be smart path, it’s just the inventory page on Toyota website after you build a model.

I put in the filters for my car and it comes up pretty easily.

Just Toyota Smartpath? The dealer I am using doesn't have inventory exposed on Smartpath so you can't see anything
Just Toyota Smartpath? The dealer I am using doesn't have inventory exposed on Smartpath so you can't see anything.

Mine just updated within the last hour from "Vehicle may be in transit. Estimated availability 5/19/24-6/3/24." to, "Vehicle may be in transit. Contact dealer to confirm availability date."

Mine just updated within the last hour from "Vehicle may be in transit. Estimated availability 5/19/24-6/3/24." to, "Vehicle may be in transit. Contact dealer to confirm availability date."
If you are looking at the Toyota "search inventory" ....... might want to contact your salesman for an accurate status. Mine is still listed as "may be in transit" on the Toyota site, but my salesman just confirmed it's on a "QC hold" with no delivery date at this time.

If you are looking at the Toyota "search inventory" ....... might want to contact your salesman for an accurate status. Mine is still listed as "may be in transit" on the Toyota site, but my salesman just confirmed it's on a "QC hold" with no delivery date at this time.
So mine isn’t the only one on QC hold. Curious to see how many others.

I have read that sometimes they will find something wrong and instead of doing a recall, they place all of them in transit on QC.

So mine isn’t the only one on QC hold. Curious to see how many others.

I have read that sometimes they will find something wrong and instead of doing a recall, they place all of them in transit on QC.
Just this afternoon, my salesperson, in TN, said they just heard about the QC hold, about the same time as all of us. Her quote “That actually happened just a couple hours ago. No worries. It's the first year for it to come back out. The hold is usually a week or two sometimes longer depending. “

Yeah my dealership confirmed it was pulled for QC.

Last edited:
I would much rather they be honest and up front about it and give specific reasons as to why the QC hold, but I know if it was due to software glitches or safety recalls etc..... and people knew, some would opt out.

Latest Discussions

Back