2024 Land Cruiser 0-60mph

supersix

Administrator
Staff member
📛 Founding Member
Jul 7, 2023
Vehicles
2014 4runner, 2021 Bronco
While we're not purchasing the Land Cruiser solely for its 0-60 performance, it'd be encouraging to see it pack a punch in terms of acceleration. Achieving times in the mid-5-second range would be pretty good.

If the new Land Cruiser comes equipped with the Tundra's twin-turbo V6 I think it will have great straight-line performance!

• Admin
I wanted to bump this old thread now that we know the Lexus GX550's 0-60 time has been officially clocked at 6.5 seconds.

Do you think that the hybrid electric motor in the LC might provide an edge in terms of acceleration?

Grand Highlander IForce Max hits 0-60 in 5.9.. so Id imagine the LC is slower.

As long as it's faster than a 5th gen 4Runner, it's plenty fine for me. I'm used to a V8 Tundra, but I don't think it's actually fast LOL

• Admin
Grand Highlander IForce Max hits 0-60 in 5.9.. so Id imagine the LC is slower.

Maybe it will launch hard with the full time 4wd :) Sub 6 would be nice!

The GH Max is 4920lbs and 362 hp and 5.9s. It's torque rating is 400 which is less than the LC but the hybrids with a completely isolated motor like the GH in the rear axle are difficult to rate correctly.

The LC will be about 5700lbs and for the short spring to 60 I don't think it will be far behind the GX550 since their torque figures are close. I'm guessing 6.7s which is pretty quick but nothing special nowadays.

Back