Stock Wheels - offset and bolt pattern?

supersix

Administrator
Staff member
📛 Founding Member
Jul 7, 2023
Vehicles
2014 4runner, 2021 Bronco
Has anyone seen what the offset & bolt pattern is on the stock wheels?

going on a limb here, it's going to be very similar to other TNGA truck platform, my guess is 18x7.5 +60 6x139.7 hub size 95mm studs and lug nuts setup

Any good options out there for a heritage wheel that will fit (if the calipers are too big for 17s)?

I have the AEV Saltas on my Jeep and love them, looks like they make a 17” for 6 bolt Toyotas now. Also like the look of the Nomad Arlo, but no 18s available for either.

Attachments

• IMG_6853.jpeg
    IMG_6853.jpeg
    147.4 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_6852.jpeg
    IMG_6852.jpeg
    76.4 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_6851.jpeg
    IMG_6851.jpeg
    150.9 KB · Views: 63
Basically look up any 4Runner or Tacoma wheel and they will work... if you want something more agressive throw on spacers.

Basically look up any 4Runner or Tacoma wheel and they will work... if you want something more agressive throw on spacers.
Most of the 4R and Tacos are 17” wheels if I’m not mistaken - TBD if the LC calipers are bigger or will still fit

18x7.5" are 6x139.7mm(5.5") with a 60mm inset.
18x7" are 6x139.7mm(5.5") with a 70mm inset.

Those are surprisingly high offset wheels. The Tacoma Pro, for example, is like 30mm offset. Looks like the '24 Tacoma TRD OR wheels and tires will be a great OEM+ bolt-on for the 1958. They are same bolt pattern but 18x8 w/ 45mm inset. The tire is 20mm wider and diameter is identical. On the standard LC, you'd be losing an inch of tire, but the wheels would be a nice fit. Current gen 4Runner wheels really won't fit well at all. They'll poke over 2".

To clarify, when you say 'inset' are you referring to positive offset? (60mm offset)

I havent seen the wheel specs posted anywhere else yet, so just want to make sure. Some of the 18s I was looking at are 18x9, 0 et...which would leave the wheels protruding ~80mm more with a 285/70/18 tire. (If I read the "Will it fit" website correctly. )

To clarify, when you say 'inset' are you referring to positive offset? (60mm offset)

I havent seen the wheel specs posted anywhere else yet, so just want to make sure. Some of the 18s I was looking at are 18x9, 0 et...which would leave the wheels protruding ~80mm more with a 285/70/18 tire. (If I read the "Will it fit" website correctly. )

Yea, I would take this as 60mm positive offset from the centerline. I used the same willtheyfit site when I came to my conclusions that previous generation wheels will probably not be a good fit on these trucks.

Tundra Pro comes with a 18x8.5 w/ ET47 and 285/65-18 that would probably fit really nicely on the standard Land Cruiser giving it an inch more wheel and tire outboard. Those forged BBS wheels are $$$$ though.

Last edited:
Granted I havent seen an LC in person yet (hoping the local auto show this weekend) but going out 80mm shouldnt be that agressive, as stock wheels are usually at least an inch or two inside the fenders, and 80mm is just over 3", so you could get a tiny bit of poke outside the fender, which paired with decent tires and a mild lift should look good.

Granted I havent seen an LC in person yet (hoping the local auto show this weekend) but going out 80mm shouldnt be that agressive, as stock wheels are usually at least an inch or two inside the fenders, and 80mm is just over 3", so you could get a tiny bit of poke outside the fender, which paired with decent tires and a mild lift should look good.
I think that you'd get pretty severe rubbing at full lock and full tuck adding that much poke.

I guess we will see once it comes out, if they have that removeable part by the body mount (Like the Tacomas) it may not be that bad.

Yea, I would take this as 60mm positive offset from the centerline. I used the same willtheyfit site when I came to my conclusions that previous generation wheels will probably not be a good fit on these trucks.

Tundra Pro comes with a 18x8.5 w/ ET47 and 285/65-18 that would probably fit really nicely on the standard Land Cruiser giving it an inch more wheel and tire outboard. Those forged BBS wheels are $$$$ though.
I've seen some local marketplace a set of those BBS wheels take-offs popping up every once in a while for $2k. Maybe I'll consider them, but they aren't really light weight despite being forged

I've seen some local marketplace a set of those BBS wheels take-offs popping up every once in a while for $2k. Maybe I'll consider them, but they aren't really light weight despite being forged
I call that the OEM effect. Aftermarket forged wheels really push the envelope, but think Toyota still errs on the side of caution for OEM.

Also, hello fellow GR Corolla and 4Runner owner. :)

I call that the OEM effect. Aftermarket forged wheels really push the envelope, but think Toyota still errs on the side of caution for OEM.

Also, hello fellow GR Corolla and 4Runner owner. :)
Totally agree with that, even the forged wheels on Morizo and Circuit Edition GR Corolla are still too heavy. I might just go with these at some point with the land cruiser after I figure out the best offset, I want them to be flush with the fender.
Screenshot 2024-03-07 at 11.31.35 AM.png

Not sure the Volks come in an offset that wont poke out... most are 0et

Totally agree with that, even the forged wheels on Morizo and Circuit Edition GR Corolla are still too heavy. I might just go with these at some point with the land cruiser after I figure out the best offset, I want them to be flush with the fender.
View attachment 1103
Can’t go wrong with TE37s. I put a forged Apex VS-5RS on my GRC.

Back