Proud LC 250 FE Owner

Finally have a chance to update this thread... I took a 15 mi and a 3 mi trail the prior weekend in Anza Borrego; each a different type of terrain. Nothing that 4H could not handle but I of course tried out 4L and the various features, all worked fine. My major complaint is with the camera view feature. As soon as I get over 5 mpg (if that), it switches back to the map viewer. Even while in 4L which I was expecting it to stay with whichever view mode I chose. Very annoying... The other concern is with the mileage. I've been very light on the accelerator and driving mostly highway and am only averaging 15.9 mpg. Still no regrets though!
IMG_5605.jpeg
IMG_5608.jpeg

My LC's window sticker. I received several options (with a decent markup) that I wouldn't have chosen but at least I got something versus a pure price-hike "dealer adjustment" where you get nothing. The one item I did not receive or pay for is the Fusion Security system, so the price was $2995 less. "Unfortunately" that is not yet available nor did they know when it would be available for the brand new LC. So they didn't push it on me to be installed in the future. Very satisfied with my dealer, especially after hearing what others say about theirs.

windowsticker.jpg

Is there a button or shortcut on the screen to quickly enable the camera view again?

The engine is still brand new - those mileage numbers will go up.

… The other concern is with the mileage. I've been very light on the accelerator and driving mostly highway and am only averaging 15.9 mpg. Still no regrets though!
That is a big gap. Previous vehicles I gained no more than 1-2 mpg after the engine got β€œbroken in”.

Finally have a chance to update this thread... I took a 15 mi and a 3 mi trail the prior weekend in Anza Borrego; each a different type of terrain. Nothing that 4H could not handle but I of course tried out 4L and the various features, all worked fine. My major complaint is with the camera view feature. As soon as I get over 5 mpg (if that), it switches back to the map viewer. Even while in 4L which I was expecting it to stay with whichever view mode I chose. Very annoying... The other concern is with the mileage. I've been very light on the accelerator and driving mostly highway and am only averaging 15.9 mpg. Still no regrets though!View attachment 1776View attachment 1777
Mileage 😳 please post update as you drive a little more - just bought a new 2024 4 Runner for my son and I was getting a WOW MPG of 19 to 19.7

That is a big gap. Previous vehicles I gained no more than 1-2 mpg after the engine got β€œbroken in”.
New 2024 Tundra (not hybrid) doesn’t ever see 16 and normally sits at 14.8 MPG has 10K on it so it hasn’t improved

The sticker showed an "Offroad Performance Tire" upgrade. Perhaps that's the culprit? Hopefully it's not the extra armor + roof rack on the FE that's bringing it down by that margin.

Will get better mpg’s after the engine breaks in. Any brand new vehicle has bad gas mileage in my experience.

My FE is built and I have a VIN. However, I cannot find any info on the tire brand/model. Does anyone know if all FE's have the same tire, and if so, what? Thanks

Maybe the first tank of gas was filled with regular and not premium fuel? I know in the Bronco that if you put premium fuel in it makes the max power rating and gets the best fuel mileage.

Is there a button or shortcut on the screen to quickly enable the camera view again?
Yes, it's the "view" button below the center touch screen. But, I have to tap it maybe every 10 seconds to get it to go back to the camera view. Which is annoying and distracting while driving.

The sticker showed an "Offroad Performance Tire" upgrade. Perhaps that's the culprit? Hopefully it's not the extra armor + roof rack on the FE that's bringing it down by that margin.
Good point on the tires which I didn't consider. I'm sure that isn't helping..

Maybe the first tank of gas was filled with regular and not premium fuel? I know in the Bronco that if you put premium fuel in it makes the max power rating and gets the best fuel mileage.
I'm on my 3rd tank and it has increased 1-2 mpg since I drove it off the lot. Maybe start a separate thread discussing mpg given the interest and valuable comments on this topic?

Latest Discussions

Back