Proud LC 250 FE Owner

I'm on my 3rd tank and it has increased 1-2 mpg since I drove it off the lot. Maybe start a separate thread discussing mpg given the interest and valuable comments on this topic?
Very interested to see how this progresses as I also live in San Diego and would imagine I’ll get close to your level of fuel efficiency.

I have a LC trim reserved coming at end of the month and am working through if it’s the car I want. I don’t off road / overland, but I am actively outdoors (surfing multiple days a week, mountain biking, hiking with family and dog, hopefully some camping with family in the future, etc.).

I’m also considering the x5 as it has some nice luxury features the Toyota doesn’t, drives really well and gets good mpg. I just don’t love how lux the bmw is and I don’t want to have to baby the car. Also coming off back to back Audis and the appeal of a reliable Toyota sounds amazing (however reliability takes a minor hit when considering version 1 of LC and the new x5s with b58 engines are pretty reliable).

I love the LC but it’s a big purchase so just trying to nail down what to do!

My LC's window sticker. I received several options (with a decent markup) that I wouldn't have chosen but at least I got something versus a pure price-hike "dealer adjustment" where you get nothing. The one item I did not receive or pay for is the Fusion Security system, so the price was $2995 less. "Unfortunately" that is not yet available nor did they know when it would be available for the brand new LC. So they didn't push it on me to be installed in the future. Very satisfied with my dealer, especially after hearing what others say about theirs.

View attachment 1782
If you would please post of a picture of the off road performance tires. especially the brand and size . I am curious as what size and brand . If they are larger than stock how they perform . I really would like to see what a $700 plus tire looks like.

If you would please post of a picture of the off road performance tires. especially the brand and size . I am curious as what size and brand . If they are larger than stock how they perform . I really would like to see what a $700 plus tire looks like.
They are most likely $300 tires that the dealership is charging $700 for each.

They are most likely $300 tires that the dealership is charging $700 for each.
Yes, that's what I found looking up pricing as well. The $700 was certainly a markup but at least I wasn't subject to an out-and-out dealer markup with nothing to show. Here are a couple pics...
IMG_5579.jpeg
IMG_5579.jpeg

My LC's window sticker. I received several options (with a decent markup) that I wouldn't have chosen but at least I got something versus a pure price-hike "dealer adjustment" where you get nothing. The one item I did not receive or pay for is the Fusion Security system, so the price was $2995 less. "Unfortunately" that is not yet available nor did they know when it would be available for the brand new LC. So they didn't push it on me to be installed in the future. Very satisfied with my dealer, especially after hearing what others say about theirs.

View attachment 1782
That’s borderline criminal!

Very interested to see how this progresses as I also live in San Diego and would imagine I’ll get close to your level of fuel efficiency.

I have a LC trim reserved coming at end of the month and am working through if it’s the car I want. I don’t off road / overland, but I am actively outdoors (surfing multiple days a week, mountain biking, hiking with family and dog, hopefully some camping with family in the future, etc.).

I’m also considering the x5 as it has some nice luxury features the Toyota doesn’t, drives really well and gets good mpg. I just don’t love how lux the bmw is and I don’t want to have to baby the car. Also coming off back to back Audis and the appeal of a reliable Toyota sounds amazing (however reliability takes a minor hit when considering version 1 of LC and the new x5s with b58 engines are pretty reliable).

I love the LC but it’s a big purchase so just trying to nail down what to do!
I have been looking at used X5s from 2021-2022 around $45k with the CPO warranty. I still prefer the Land Cruiser 1958 as I am looking for something that is easier and cheaper to maintain over the long run, and as a former FJ Cruiser owner for ten years there is the nostalgia factor for my youth! However, the X5 is a solid backup for me and no doubt will drive better on road. It does not hold its value that well so I recommend buying a CPO.

Back