Premium Fuel Requirements Explained “Not Required”

That, and charging times as quick as filling a gas tank at the pump.
If they were really serious about EV they would create real solutions. Make removable battery packs universal across all brands. You roll up to the station. Attendant removes conveniently located battery pack and swaps it with a charged one. Pay the guy and drive away. Fast as gas/diesel service.

If they were really serious about EV they would create real solutions. Make removable battery packs universal across all brands. You roll up to the station. Attendant removes conveniently located battery pack and swaps it with a charged one. Pay the guy and drive away. Fast as gas/diesel service.
Yeah, they’re not there or anywhere close yet, and I’m not convinced EV is the solution to the woes we are being told exist. I think much of the automotive industry agrees or is starting to question the matter.

Reactions: MJE
Yeah, they’re not there or anywhere close yet, and I’m not convinced EV is the solution to the woes we are being told exist. I think much of the automotive industry agrees or is starting to question the matter.
I believe the woes exist, i.e. we are destroying our environment, but electrification of vehicles is only a slice of the solution. However, a positive step until something better is developed. Hydrogen fuel-cell appeals to me, but need to know more.

I believe the woes exist, i.e. we are destroying our environment, but electrification of vehicles is only a slice of the solution. However, a positive step until something better is developed. Hydrogen fuel-cell appeals to me, but need to know more.
Not saying we haven’t been horrible stewards of the environment, but we’re being misled to think that EVs are the great savior to petrol. Aside from the limited practicality of an EV, I have a big problem with the extraction of the materials needed to make the batteries. Now, once a truly viable recycling industry for the batteries is fully developed, that may help greatly reduce the mining destruction.

Now, back to Land Cruisers…

Looking to get a LC Premium. We currently have a Lexus Rx450h, V6 hybrid. It states on the gas door “Premium Only”. I ran premium the first couple of months, averaged 29.5 mpg. Switched to mid grade and average 29.2. No noticeable performance issues. Have been running that for three years now. Have gone on a couple of long trips where I get 31-32. Live in Oklahoma City where premium is currently $3.40 so already doing way better than some states.

Looking to get a LC Premium. We currently have a Lexus Rx450h, V6 hybrid. It states on the gas door “Premium Only”. I ran premium the first couple of months, averaged 29.5 mpg. Switched to mid grade and average 29.2. No noticeable performance issues. Have been running that for three years now. Have gone on a couple of long trips where I get 31-32. Live in Oklahoma City where premium is currently $3.40 so already doing way better than some states.
I would love to pay $3.40 for premium. It's around $5 up here in Washington State. :-(

Agree. Toyota has created a stupid mess here. Let’s put both Tacoma and LC powertrains on a dyno. Either the marketing people are wrong or the engineers are wrong. As an engineer I’ve got my bias….if LC produces more HP/torque on premium then let’s publish that….if Tacoma on regular produces less Hp/torque then let it be so.
Marketing people always wrong if its between marketing and engineering.

thats depressing its 5.80 in hawaii
I can begin to wrap my head around high prices for Hawaii, because all oil is shipped in to the islands for refinement. But in the great state of WA our prices are exorbitantly high thanks to our governor’s pet carbon tax.

I feel for everyone with high fuel prices, I actually switched grocery stores due to Kroger's fuel point reward system........ I filled up for 2.79 a gallon last Sunday...... 30 cent discount per gallon. If our leadership would quit screwing with the economy.....

I feel for everyone with high fuel prices, I actually switched grocery stores due to Kroger's fuel point reward system........ I filled up for 2.79 a gallon last Sunday...... 30 cent discount per gallon. If our leadership would quit screwing with the economy.....
Kroger‘s sells inferior gas. It is not labeled as top-tier, which is recommended in all Toyotas. Most of your bargain basement gas like Walmart or Kroger are not top-tier. Top-tier is a label that indicates certain additives and detergents in your gasoline that are recommended by most auto makers.

Name brands like Valero, Shell, and even Costco are labeled as top-tier on the pump. There is also a top-tier website that list all the brands that are top-tier.

Attachments

• IMG_0251.jpeg
    IMG_0251.jpeg
    276.6 KB · Views: 19
Kroger‘s sells inferior gas. It is not labeled as top-tier, which is recommended in all Toyotas. Most of your bargain basement gas like Walmart or Kroger are not top-tier. Top-tier is a label that indicates certain additives and detergents in your gasoline that are recommended by most auto makers.

Name brands like Valero, Shell, and even Costco are labeled as top-tier on the pump. There is also a top-tier website that list all the brands that are top-tier.
Agreed 100%. Thanks for posting this. Top-Tier is always what you should run.

That very well could be true, I have run Kroger gas in my BMW X5 and my Mercedes 280 and have never had an issue with it. To each their own.........

In my opinion, a roll of the dice if not using Top-Tier fuel. Sure, generally it is acceptable, but one bad tank can ruin your day. I notice, in addition to being Top-Tier, Costco now has an even better additive package.

In my opinion, a roll of the dice if not using Top-Tier fuel. Sure, generally it is acceptable, but one bad tank can ruin your day. I notice, in addition to being Top-Tier, Costco now has an even better additive package.
Been rolling them for three years now with no ill effects.........

Latest Discussions

Back