Official Delivery/Possession Update Thread

I saw some FE’s with a retro styled decal or badge on the back side and some that don’t? Just wondering to kill time till mine gets here end of this month
I know this isn't what you meant but I may put this on mine, I have one on my FJ

Attachments

• badge.jpg
    badge.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 27
I saw some FE’s with a retro styled decal or badge on the back side and some that don’t? Just wondering to kill time till mine gets here end of this month
I haven't seen them on the US FEs. I like the retro colors/stripes.
Screenshot 2024-05-03 at 7.43.52 PM.png

Dear friends, if you are from a small state, please do not feel bad. LCs are in short supply. I am from the largest US state (population wise) and struggling. I wanted an LC so bad. I thought I will get one beginning of April. Called world's largest Toyota dealer, 50 years in a row, Longo, in El Monte city, in Los Angeles county. They said wait 11 months, while we always sell at MSRP. Everyone else is bugging me Left and Right because they want 10, 000 over. I am not that crazy. Then, I am a member of Costco, tried Costco, every 2 weeks I called. Their answer: we have no dealership that will sell you at Costco price/ fleet price. They want me to wait till Christmas time. I am not on any list, and I am not settling for a price over the MSRP. My wait, living in California, is longer than many of us. Toyota should have names plucked from our forum, and invited us first, but they are part of this bad business practice.

Took delivery yesterday, 05/07. 60 miles impression below:

-Comfortable front seat, short on side support, throws me around at turns
-Engine Start/Stop, great combo, don't notice it most of time.
-At 6'1", ingress/egress is perfect without running board.
-13.5mpg first 60 miles
-Wind noise begins to pick up over 45mph
-Knee cushion is so nice at turns
-Toyota remote app has finally done it, great functions
-Ride is quiet (just get use to the wind noise) (G-Wagon has worst wind noise)
-Engine noise, take a little to get used to (Coming from loud V8s)
-Interior material (FE LC) is better than Base GX550 Overtrail (Haven't exprience GX550 Premium yet)
-2nd row seat little stiff
-Not much room between front tires & suspension components
-Ride comfort is acceptable, on the bouncy side. My Raptor R rides better with Fox suspension & quieter as well, with 37s.

I'll be trying on 33/12.5/18 tires to OEM wheel later on today, hoping for the best with no mod needed. Few photos for now. So tiny sitting next to my other girls, LOL (Photo doesn't reflect due to angle)

IMG_3877.JPEG
IMG_3879.JPEG
IMG_3860.JPEG
IMG_3856.JPEG
IMG_3888.JPEG
IMG_3897.JPEG

Attachments

• IMG_3898.JPEG
    IMG_3898.JPEG
    342.6 KB · Views: 9
After soft talking my salesman........ processing date of 13 May. Not sure if that's when they put on POI or put on the train. Either way it's closer than it was...............

13.5mpg…

If this is the LC’s true mpg, I wonder what it will be with a 1” lift and lower offset wheels and real AT tires.

Edit: 17.9g fuel tank. At that mpg, the range is 241 miles on a full tank. At 16mpg it’s still well under 300 miles.

Last edited:
13.5mpg…

If this is the LC’s true mpg, I’m out for sure. I wonder what it will be with a 1” lift and lower offset wheels and real AT tires.
I can't imagine their marketed mpg would be so off, but if this is true I'd rethink it as well.

If it's true......... it might be for sale! The main reason I chose the LC was for the fuel milage.
Let's see what the mpg is in real-world use—after break-in miles (and properly calculated). I highly recommend we all take any and all mpg posts with a grain of salt. It's quite rare for a modern vehicle to not get (roughly) the EPA fuel economy numbers in real-world driving (especially with the updated EPA numbers—which came about in 2008).

Back