Land Cruiser Floor Mats Front and Rear Seats?!

Dr. M

๐Ÿ“› Founding Member
Aug 12, 2023
Minnesota
Vehicles
Genesis GV80 Hyundai Tucson PHEV
Greetings, Cruisers!!

I am wondering if any of you who have taken delivery could tell us what kind of floor mats are in the front and rear seats. I believe they are coming with rubberized floor mats, front and back, and then you can add the rubber cargo mat. Any insight from a delivered LC/FE would be great. Thanks!!

Here's a couple of pics from @njdevils89 post and the link. I still don't understand why manufactures do not make Weathertech / Husky type coverage with factory floor mats.

LAND CRUISER FLOOR MAT FRONT 2.JPG
LAND CRUISER FLOOR MAT REAR.JPG

Here's a couple of pics from @njdevils89 post and the link. I still don't understand why manufactures do not make Weathertech / Husky type coverage with factory floor mats.

View attachment 1688View attachment 1689
I don't understand why they put carpet in vehicles like this at all. I'd prefer a rubber like surface over the entire interior floor. Easier to clean up.

I don't understand why they put carpet in vehicles like this at all. I'd prefer a rubber like surface over the entire interior floor. Easier to clean up.

That really depends on what you are cleaning - For general loose dirt and dust, carpet mats can be vacuumed in place very quickly, and if you store a vacuum in your garage or nearby this is very fast and easy. I think anyone with small kids with car seats can relate to this. Rubber mats really need to come out and get hosed down if you want them to look clean.

Rubber of course will be a lot better if you are dealing with mud. I imagine this is going to be highly regional, I just don't deal with a lot of mud in my semi-arid mountain area.

That really depends on what you are cleaning - For general loose dirt and dust, carpet mats can be vacuumed in place very quickly, and if you store a vacuum in your garage or nearby this is very fast and easy. I think anyone with small kids with car seats can relate to this. Rubber mats really need to come out and get hosed down if you want them to look clean.

Rubber of course will be a lot better if you are dealing with mud. I imagine this is going to be highly regional, I just don't deal with a lot of mud in my semi-arid mountain area.
To each their own. I've owned a vehicle with rubber floor (Honda) and would take that any day over carpet. I don't care about it looking perfectly clean, I want it to handle mud and snow, and carpet just isn't the material I'd use.

To each their own. I've owned a vehicle with rubber floor (Honda) and would take that any day over carpet. I don't care about it looking perfectly clean, I want it to handle mud and snow, and carpet just isn't the material I'd use.
Of course! I was just trying to give context to your previous message of when and why carpet can be preferable. Luckily this is one of those things that are very easy to adjust to your needs.

Latest Discussions

Back