Who is paying over MSRP?

Stokes Toyota in Hilton Head SC.. they are at srp… no mark ups at all. Waiting for my FE. South east Toyota distribution won’t be until first or second week in May.

My dealer just informed me today that the Land Cruiser First Edition that they have coming is $5000 over msrp.
They tell me the Gulf State pricing all FE are sold either to the dealership or any where from 5-30k over sticker to customers .
I just don’t see how they can tell me know it’s over sticker , I was told it would be msrp when I put my deposit down.
My thought are to just wait for Land Cruiser with premium package and save $12,000

Hey tbounds02
Gulf State is the worst of the distribution centers. I live in Texas and put deposits in Colorado because of this. Most dealers are at MSRP and they get much bigger allocations. My dealer in Colorado got 20 Fe. Was able to pick color of choice.

The thing is, I think it’s a fairly priced vehicle for what it is at $64K for the LC trim. It’s an insanely and wildly overpriced vehicle at $10K over the already too high $77K for an FE.

I agree I would take a Land Cruiser trim with premium package . I don’t 7k value for First edition . It’s not like they low production numbers

I agree that the price of the FE is high for the additional features provided over the LC + premium package.

I've been focused on the FE mainly because of the smaller (18") wheels, which I've read would give a somewhat smoother ride on pavement due to the higher profile tires. (The LC trim have so far all been coming in with 20" wheels, from what I've seen.) Any thoughts on that?

Last edited:
If you build out the premium package with everything you can add that the 1st edition has, the price difference is closer to $4k.
Having round headlights and the little features you can't get make it worth it to me. Not to mention a chance of getting it sooner.

I agree that the price of the FE is high for the additional features provided over the LC + premium package.

I've been focused on the FE mainly because of the smaller (18") wheels, which I've read would give a somewhat smoother ride on pavement due to the higher profile tires. (The LC trim have so far all been coming in with 20" wheels, from what I've seen.) Any thoughts on that?
I run 17" winter tires (Blizzaks) on the stock Trail Edition wheels on my 4Runner in the winter and 20" all seasons on a set of OEM Limited rims the rest of the year. On very rough surfaces the 17s are probably a little smoother, but the difference is really not night and day. The gains off road with 17s vs 20s is probably much more significant than on road.

Still just kind of guessing here in Gulf States’ monopoly about what the LC trim packages will look like. Not super interested in the premium upgrade stuff. Starting to think I won’t have much say. My dealership was only allocated one FE - it’s heritage blue, which I have less than zero interest in, but it was claimed by one of the dealer owners anyway.

Thought I liked the 1958 next until I started watching videos and reviews of the hard plastic interior. Still prefer the round headlights, but I told the dealership I wanted the premium trim if they didn’t get anymore FEs. Of course they don’t even have the first one on the lot yet…

This whole thing has me considering just getting a Tahoe Z-71 with the V-8. I can get one of those tomorrow, I know it’s solid for 100K+ miles, and the dealer and manufacturer seem to actually care about getting you what you want and then, you know, selling it to you. This whole “get on a list and wait several months and then guess at what might be available” deal is pretty lame.

Still just kind of guessing here in Gulf States’ monopoly about what the LC trim packages will look like. Not super interested in the premium upgrade stuff. Starting to think I won’t have much say. My dealership was only allocated one FE - it’s heritage blue, which I have less than zero interest in, but it was claimed by one of the dealer owners anyway.

Thought I liked the 1958 next until I started watching videos and reviews of the hard plastic interior. Still prefer the round headlights, but I told the dealership I wanted the premium trim if they didn’t get anymore FEs. Of course they don’t even have the first one on the lot yet…

This whole thing has me considering just getting a Tahoe Z-71 with the V-8. I can get one of those tomorrow, I know it’s solid for 100K+ miles, and the dealer and manufacturer seem to actually care about getting you what you want and then, you know, selling it to you. This whole “get on a list and wait several months and then guess at what might be available” deal is pretty lame.
Must be Toyota's new MO for selling ala allocation. Roof racks on the way...

GST is so frustrating, supposedly one of the biggest ports in US, yet last to put out any land cruisers. Amazing to me that some of the "biggest" Toyota dealerships in Texas only getting (1) allocation:cautious: with no signs of when the next one is coming. What's up with Toyota, you can't even get a TRD Pro Sequoia anywhere in Texas.....not that i want one, too big and the 3rd row seating was an afterthought apparently.

GST is so frustrating, supposedly one of the biggest ports in US, yet last to put out any land cruisers. Amazing to me that some of the "biggest" Toyota dealerships in Texas only getting (1) allocation:cautious: with no signs of when the next one is coming. What's up with Toyota, you can't even get a TRD Pro Sequoia anywhere in Texas.....not that i want one, too big and the 3rd row seating was an afterthought apparently.
GST was like that when I purchased my trusty 99 SR5. It came from Little Rock, AR with all the GST add ons. No choice. Been a great snow car to this day.

I am in Texas too and think the dealers will get another allotment of Fe in early May. But getting 2 Fe per dealership is weird. Dealers in Colorado have gotten over 20 Fe. Not all but the big dealers. One dealer in the Houston area told me to come in and put a deposit and write down the highest price I am willing to pay. When the Fe gets there they will call the highest bidder. Others will get their deposit back. Told them I am on my way to the dealership.

GST was like that when I purchased my trusty 99 SR5. It came from Little Rock, AR with all the GST add ons. No choice. Been a great snow car to this day.
Thinking of getting my son who is just moving to montana for school, SR5 will this be the thing to get around in?

Well Color me excited 🥳 I actually found Underground Java LC trim .. only about 2K over with all the add on- so I said yes I’ll put the deposit down and get it in July. And then it happened.. they added 5K - so color me depressed - I said I’ll pass .. back to the waiting game 😭

Back