Toyota National Dealer Meeting in Vegas

• Admin
Over 1,200 dealer attendees are set to convene at the Toyota National Dealer Meeting in Las Vegas next week, and the mood is anticipated to be jubilant.

David Christ, the group vice president/general manager for Toyota, highlights numerous reasons for this celebratory atmosphere at the annual gathering from Sept. 12-14. The highlights include Toyota's robust sales in August 2023, which marked their most successful retail month in nearly two years, the launch of key vehicles like the Tacoma and Land Cruiser, and an expanding roster of vehicles featuring diverse powertrain options.

"We believe we're in our element now," shares Christ with Wards. "These dealer meetings always serve as a platform to bolster faith in our brand, and we're confident we'll achieve that on multiple fronts this time.

Continue Reading @ WardsAuto.com

Riding a wave of robust sales is not going to help with bringing dealers and regional distributers under control in regard to markups and tacking on profitable unwanted add-on's. Sorry for being so negative, but from reading posts of others, I am not alone.

• Admin
Riding a wave of robust sales is not going to help with bringing dealers and regional distributers under control in regard to markups and tacking on profitable unwanted add-on's. Sorry for being so negative, but from reading posts of others, I am not alone.

You are certainly not alone, but I think the days of dealer markups are nearing an end. I would be happy if you could order the Land Cruiser direct from Toyota's website and just pick it up from the dealer. That model seems to work well for Tesla.

Very good to hear. Hopefully this means the Toyota website will soon publish more data on the model year 2024 vehicles.

This is my first time shopping for a new Toyota, and Iโ€™m learning a lot about the Toyota relationship with dealers. Iโ€™m very fortunate to have so many Toyota dealers near my home; however Iโ€™m prepared to travel to pick up my new LC.

• Admin
One thing I will say about my local Toyota dealership is the service has always been outstanding.

One thing I will say about my local Toyota dealership is the service has always been outstanding.
I have had the same experience with my local dealer for both service and reasonable pricing. They can make a decent profit to stay in business without price gouging.

With the looming UAW strikes, it's nice to know that the new Land Cruiser production shouldn't be affected since they are all going to be built in Japan.

With the looming UAW strikes, it's nice to know that the new Land Cruiser production shouldn't be affected since they are all going to be built in Japan.
Yes, at either the Tahara or Hino facility as I understand it. Scuttlebutt has it that Tahara has the best quality control. The GX will only be built at Tahara, if that is any indicator...

Photos from the dealer show. I was told there was no update on when orders will officially open.

2024-landcruiser-dealermeeting4.png
2024-landcruiser-dealermeeting3.png

I posted a few more in the Heritage Blue photo thread:

So hard to see the true nature of meteor shower color. The video they did of the LC in the dust made me roll my eyes a bit. I understand the offroad highlight but it would be nice to get a clear view as they've done with the blue.

Back