BREAKING: Vehicle Ordering Guide - Canada

Skidaddl

📛 Founding Member
Sep 7, 2023
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Just received this from my dealer in the past hour or so. A bit annoying as I'd hoped to order the mid level trim with the premium package just to get leather seats and JBL, (according to the early press release this is what the Premium Package gets you) but it looks like it also comes with a bunch of stuff I'd be paying extra for but don't really want - specifically 20" rims, cooler box in the centre console, lane assist, digital key, etc. I suspect, as always, the ordering options in the US are more flexible.

Also, I'm disappointed to hear that Meteor Shower will not be an available colour in Canada. It's being offered in what they're calling Brown Sugar Metallic, which I believe might be a bit closer to "Champaigne" colour, which is reserved for people over the age of 70 IMO. Or it might be that root beer brown colour, which I'm also not interested in.. Will see I guess...

He's asking me what trim package I want them to order...but they have no pricing yet :rolleyes:.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-12-11 at 5.28.54 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-11 at 5.28.54 PM.png
    175.9 KB · Views: 2,449
  • Screenshot 2023-12-11 at 5.35.33 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-11 at 5.35.33 PM.png
    48.2 KB · Views: 1,374
Wow, thanks for posting! It's exciting to see some movement at the dealers. What color are you thinking of going with now?

Wow, thanks for posting! It's exciting to see some movement at the dealers. What color are you thinking of going with now?
Gotta say I'm probably leaning towards black now. Wife doesn't love the Underground, nor do i really, and she really doesn't like the Brown Sugar (like the Corolla below), and she already has a white Audi wagon with black fenders, so we don't want that combo again. So it could be back to black. Was really thinking I was ready for a change-up from black, but they sure do look good...when they're clean! 😂

Would like to see the actual paint colour in person before making a decision - that Brown Sugar does look pretty similar to Meteor Shower, so it's hard to say.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-12-11 at 7.29.26 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-11 at 7.29.26 PM.png
    715.2 KB · Views: 1,327
Last edited:
Reactions: MJE
Looks like the Land Cruiser trim will be pretty well equipped even without leather. I did want the Java seat color. I would like to see a 1958 Off-Road Pkg. with the Multi Terrain Monitor, Moonroof and sway bar disconnect. I need a Moonroof and with my last two vehicles having 360 cameras, that would be hard to live without.

Thanks for posting! It looks like I will be ordering my Land Cruiser with the Premium package and leather interior. I wonder why they remove the cooler box and the digital key on the First Editions.

Skidaddl

I got email dec 5th in ontario from dealer where I am no 1 on the sit - to choose between two colours - Black or underground (grey) and between cloth adn leather seats - but no info on trims. I chose underground and leather - because I want the midterm Land Cruiser. the did nto have pricing info. the order went into Toyota canada, but is not approved yet.

I got the order document last week from my dealer (also in Calgary, #6 on the list) made the selction of Premium in Windchill Pearl and Java leather. 20's are really the only part that Im not thrilled about, even for winter use...

Just received this from my dealer in the past hour or so. A bit annoying as I'd hoped to order the mid level trim with the premium package just to get leather seats and JBL, (according to the early press release this is what the Premium Package gets you) but it looks like it also comes with a bunch of stuff I'd be paying extra for but don't really want - specifically 20" rims, cooler box in the centre console, lane assist, digital key, etc. I suspect, as always, the ordering options in the US are more flexible.

Also, I'm disappointed to hear that Meteor Shower will not be an available colour in Canada. It's being offered in what they're calling Brown Sugar Metallic, which I believe might be a bit closer to "Champaigne" colour, which is reserved for people over the age of 70 IMO. Or it might be that root beer brown colour, which I'm also not interested in.. Will see I guess...

He's asking me what trim package I want them to order...but they have no pricing yet :rolleyes:.
I ordered mine on the weekend. I don't love the colours either. I was told they are fulfilling the first editions, then moving on to the rest. I saw last night that the first Lexus went through the production line a couple of weeks ago. Interesting video of the production line from Hagerty.

Also on the sheet I saw, they are releasing 190 of the first editions in Canada, Blue and Sand colour only.

Thanks for posting! It looks like I will be ordering my Land Cruiser with the Premium package and leather interior. I wonder why they remove the cooler box and the digital key on the First Editions.
My guess is a bit more no frills, higher performance. I'd personally prefer to not have those things. I want the extra space in the console.

Last edited:
I ordered mine on the weekend. I don't love the colours either. I was told they are fulfilling the first editions, then moving on to the rest. I saw last night that the first Lexus went through the production line a couple of weeks ago. Interesting video of the production line from Hagerty.

Also on the sheet I saw, they are releasing 190 of the first editions in Canada, Blue and Sand colour only.

Yep, saw that too. Not interested in either of those colours.

Skidaddl

I got email dec 5th in ontario from dealer where I am no 1 on the sit - to choose between two colours - Black or underground (grey) and between cloth adn leather seats - but no info on trims. I chose underground and leather - because I want the midterm Land Cruiser. the did nto have pricing info. the order went into Toyota canada, but is not approved yet.
I ordered black Land Cruiser trim with premium pkg. and black leather. I suspect my "order" is the same. He said they're just wanting to get their orders into Toyota, then buyers will commit when they get pricing.

I got the order document last week from my dealer (also in Calgary, #6 on the list) made the selction of Premium in Windchill Pearl and Java leather. 20's are really the only part that Im not thrilled about, even for winter use...
I'm gonna try to negotiate the 18's into the deal. I'm #1 on the list at High River Toyota. Ordered premium, black on black.

I just checked in with my dealer, and they are still thinking it won't be until the end of Q1 before the order banks open up. :(

Anyone care to share the full Product Guide?

any guess on pricing of the one with the premium pkg? Wondering what's the price difference between it and the GX550 Overtrail

Anyone care to share the full Product Guide?

any guess on pricing of the one with the premium pkg? Wondering what's the price difference between it and the GX550 Overtrail
2024-lexus-gx-pricing-official-png.184

Most manufacturers just apply the brilliant theory of "no replacement for displacement" on the wheels. 🤕

I just checked in with my dealer, and they are still thinking it won't be until the end of Q1 before the order banks open up. :(
Interesting. I suspect the dealers here are probably all competing for allocations, so if they can get verbal confirmations it helps them move up the list. My "order" literally consisted of me saying "yep" via email when he confirmed I'd like them to order me a black LC trim with premium pkg. (with no idea on pricing or delivery date yet).

I'm gonna try to negotiate the 18's into the deal. I'm #1 on the list at High River Toyota. Ordered premium, black on black.

Im assuming the wheel bolt pattern/spacing is the same as a 4Runner, so I may just transfer over the aftermarket wheels from my curent vehicle. (But likely want larger tires than 285s) Lots of options if that is the case.

I figure if I get the 20s, I'll run them down and replace them later. enough money is going to be on buying the darn thing to begin with LOL

Back