Tire Upgrade ?

So…can I fit 285/70R18 on my stock 18 inch wheels? Looking for a better/aggressive look. I know stock ruggeds are 265/70R18.

A bit too aggressive for me but I can appreciate it! I'm looking to keep the OEM 18" wheels and stock suspension, just immediately installing 275 or 285's, likely Wildpeaks. I've modded my last two 4Runners with mild lifts, wheels, tires, bumper winch, etc. I hope to keep stock LC skids but will see if they're heavy enough for the rocky San Juan mountain trails here in Colorado.
I have 275/70r18s on order. I’ll post them so you can see the fit.

I have 275/70r18s on order. I’ll post them so you can see the fit.
What brand tires ? I plan on swapping to 275/70/18 on stock rims just can’t decide on what tread design I like more aggressive design but don’t won’t the road noise of a MT . Would love a quite aggressive AT

I have Falken Wildpeak AT3’s on my 4Runner now and have run KO2’s and Ridge Grapplers in the past. All good tires but I’ll likely go with Wildpeak At3’s or the new AT4’s in 275 (maybe 285) on the stock wheels with no further modifications …for now. Still waiting for my LC

I have Falken Wildpeak AT3’s on my 4Runner now and have run KO2’s and Ridge Grapplers in the past. All good tires but I’ll likely go with Wildpeak At3’s or the new AT4’s in 275 (maybe 285) on the stock wheels with no further modifications …for now. Still waiting for my LC
Thanks my thoughts as well . I am not sure about 285 . I don’t want it lug engine or kill fuel mileage

Just wanted to update ya'll on KO3's. Costco now has them in stock (you have to go in person to order them, not online). For now I'm thinking about just sticking with the stock 18 inch wheel and tire size (265 70 18).

I was quoted $1,221 for 4x KO3's including install cost. Not surprised that it beats out Discount Tire. Down the line I might consider bigger tires and a lift, but don't wanna be the guinea pig right out of the gate 😝

Just wanted to update ya'll on KO3's. Costco now has them in stock (you have to go in person to order them, not online). For now I'm thinking about just sticking with the stock 18 inch wheel and tire size (265 70 18).

I was quoted $1,221 for 4x KO3's including install cost. Not surprised that it beats out Discount Tire. Down the line I might consider bigger tires and a lift, but don't wanna be the guinea pig right out of the gate 😝
It doesn’t beat out discount tire by much.. I went with discount tire and they gave me $30 off the BFG’s, and I got a 5% military discount. Out the door after taxes I paid $1257.00. The fact that there is a hell of a lot more discount tires around the country than Costco’s had a lot of influence on my decision.

What brand tires ? I plan on swapping to 275/70/18 on stock rims just can’t decide on what tread design I like more aggressive design but don’t won’t the road noise of a MT . Would love a quite aggressive AT
I’m going with KO3’s. I’ve had amazing luck with KO2’s. Ran them on the 4Runner this replaced as well as on the Sprinter.

I’m not a hardcore off-roader. I like to get to campsites and trailheads. I also like how they look.

I was going to do Falken AT4Ws, but I'm considering the Micket Thompson Baja Boss AT. Looks like a pretty aggressive AT

I decided to stick with the 265/70r18 Toyo AT3 (same that is on the Trailhunter Taco and the GX) as the tire shop wasn’t sure about 275s clearing at full turn (slightly taller and wider than 265s). I imagine they’ll fit but as I don’t have the truck to measure, I opted to order the factory size.

GX Overtrail looks pretty good with these tires so I got them in a 10ply rather than of a 4ply for increased load capacity and sidewall protection. I think there was a 5lb difference between the plys (43lbs v 48lbs). KO2s were a little over 50lbs for the 10ply.

I’ll run these for the first set and maybe plus up to a 275 or 285 next go round when there is more info on fitment.
I think 33's will fit fine with a leveling kit, which may not even be needed. Only gaining 1/2 height if I remember right.

Latest Discussions

Back