Premium Fuel Requirements Explained “Not Required”

That very well could be true, I have run Kroger gas in my BMW X5 and my Mercedes 280 and have never had an issue with it. To each their own.........
From what I can gather, European vehicles can be more susceptible to intake port and valve deposits than other makes. VW had grief in this regard. This is why I love the Toyota D-4S dual-injection system.

What really surprises me is all of these guys that bend over backwards to have ceramic coating, hand wash their cars, change the oil twice as often, do everything they can to treat it right and then complain about spending a little extra for a good premium detergent fuel.

To each their own…

What really surprises me is all of these guys that bend over backwards to have ceramic coating, hand wash their cars, change the oil twice as often, do everything they can to treat it right and then complain about spending a little extra for a good premium detergent fuel.

To each their own…
I could be proven incorrect, but I believe the detergent level is the same for regular and premium fuel. However, no ceramic coating nor hand washing, but I do change the synthetic motor oil at 5K or 6 months, whichever occurs first.

I could be proven incorrect, but I believe the detergent level is the same for regular and premium fuel. However, no ceramic coating nor hand washing, but I do change the synthetic motor oil at 5K or 6 months, whichever occurs first.
Oil change at 5K for me as well!

I normally buy a couple cases at a time from amazon Toyota dealers for approx $100.00 per case.
Mobil 1, and OEM filters. I see Walmart now has Mobil 1 0W-8, which the normally-aspirated 4-banger now uses. Who would have thought oil would be that thin? The clearances must be ultra-tight.

Latest Discussions

Back